U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 04:36 PM

5,217 posts, read 2,231,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Oh yes, let's not forget Jake Lloyd 2.0. Clearly the next great hope for the Jedi and I'm sure he'll be the main character in Ep 10-12. Hopefully they will jump ahead enough in time that he'll be an adult by then because I definitely can't sit through another movie with child lead
Please...stahp. That happens and I'll spend even more money on CBMs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 12:01 AM

7,958 posts, read 3,919,834 times
I thought the movie was good.

Would of been interesting if they started very fresh for the next movie. If General Organo made the Hail Mary move over Admiral Holdon think that would of been more fitting. Would of been an epic send off. Also at some point mention or show the Knights of Ren.

Outside of that awesome movie!!!

I don't see the issue with Luke projecting himself and fighting Kylo. I think in the Clone Wars cartoon Darth Vader or Darth Plagueis fight Yoda as a Force Ghost so it's doable.

I enjoyed the direction they went with Luke.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:02 AM

14,625 posts, read 19,333,944 times
Even Luke knows this movie was wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=EIY-PsHrj9A

Old 12-21-2017, 10:48 AM

5,217 posts, read 2,231,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post

Would of been interesting if they started very fresh for the next movie. If General Organo made the Hail Mary move over Admiral Holdon think that would of been more fitting. Would of been an epic send off. Also at some point mention or show the Knights of Ren.

I don't see the issue with Luke projecting himself and fighting Kylo. I think in the Clone Wars cartoon Darth Vader or Darth Plagueis fight Yoda as a Force Ghost so it's doable.

The movie can be improved that much by writing out Holdover and having Leia make the ultimate sacrifice. I'm not sure why Dern and her aqua-weave were there in the first place.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:06 AM

7,958 posts, read 3,919,834 times
Think Admiral H would of been interesting to carry over to the next movie. Feel there was more to develop with Poe and Holdon.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:10 PM

16,594 posts, read 50,355,083 times
"If General Organo made the Hail Mary move over Admiral Holdon think that would of been more fitting."

The names sometimes get me into giggle fits. If there was a mashup of films, General Oregano could play in a turkey of a film next to Col,. Mustard, who would be in a pickle, and have a cameo by Virginia Mayo in a submarine, to play well with rotten tomatoes.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:26 PM

4,484 posts, read 2,642,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post

If they knew Carrie Fisher was going to pass away they probably would have had her go down with the ship. It will interesting to see how they handle it in EP 9. From what I read they aren't going to have her in it at all and apparently EP 9 was supposed to be Leia's movie

Old 12-21-2017, 01:04 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,485,934 times
The SJW's at Disney ruined the franchise.

The whole movie was thinly-veiled liberal propaganda of women/minorities fighting and winning against the evil white male First Order.

Plus floating Leia was just dumb.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:19 PM

24,239 posts, read 58,465,488 times
I agree the acting was better than star wars norm, however the actors did not have much to work with. the exception is professor Snape. (Solo son). He is consistently terrible in every movie. A completely worthless character anyway. You do not hate him, you do not like him. He is an indifferent villian.

Much of the story made no sense. A lot of subplots etc went nowhere. For one example: Rey went into the cave of darkness to find her answers - and nothing happened. In fact, they could have skipped 90% of what happened on Lukes planet/island and it woudl not have made any difference. (Except maybe for toy sales).

How the heck did Leah suddenly gain the power to survive an explosion and being sucked ntot he vacuum of sapce and then fly herself through space back to the destroyed spaceship? She never had nay significan force powers before. Then it goes away.

And where did the Force go? especially near the end when Rey and Professor Snape take on all the minions, suddenly neither of them can use the force in fighting. Although Rey somehow magically became an expert swordsman with virtually no training.

I though the best part was when they inserted jokes about how redundant the story is. Pretty sure rey (ray?) said the Said Princess Leah’s line word for word (when Leia met Han for the first time or near the first time – something about not needing a hero)

I did not understand the line about “It is salt” until my sons pointed out later that was was intended to poke fun about the redundant story and assert a difference because this battle against walkers with the rebellion hiding inside a metal structure on a planet covered in white stuff was on a salt planet, not a snow planet. That was kind of funny.

I also liked the poke at old science fiction movies in general when they made it appear they were using steam irons to look like ships, but then it turned out to actually be irons ironing a uniform.

We also thought it funny that the new love interest woman was a perfect stereotype of a star wars fan nerd.

The little pokes making fun of the entire series was funny if you caught them. Otherwise overall the movie was flat and amateurish. Filming writing and directing made it look like a good quality high school film class project.

It would be fine for a post midnight Sci Fi channel movie. I regret having paid for it and spending the time to see it. I could have done three loads of laundry sand some ironing in that time.

My sons voted it the worse star wars movie ever and a contender for one of the worst movies ever. My daughter thought it was pretty good. She gave it a B-. I gave it a C. It was at least occasionally entertaining.

And why did they CGI the puppet? Excess money in the budget?

Old 12-21-2017, 01:19 PM

4,484 posts, read 2,642,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
The SJW's at Disney ruined the franchise.

The whole movie was thinly-veiled liberal propaganda of women/minorities fighting and winning against the evil white male First Order.

Plus floating Leia was just dumb.
Well all of the Disney Star Wars movies are about "strong female characters" aka princesses like everything else they do. While they do have one of everyone represented for equality, it's clear that women are the only ones that have any power in these movies. Poe and Finn are both buffoons that need a female character to save them from themselves. Rey is already a stronger Jedi then Luke and doesn't need to listen to him or even finish her training because it's a waste of her time. And Kylo is a whiny twerp who is clearly going to either be defeated by Rey or manipulated into joining her on the light side of the force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or