U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 07:25 PM

2,589 posts, read 816,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Not that this will impact how much it will gross, but it is strange that the Black Panther official trailer from Marvel Studios only has 19 million views (it's been out for 3 months). That is literally one of the coldest trailers I can remember too. As a comparison, the new official Deadpool trailer that has been out for 6 days has 16 million views, and Infinity War has 135 million views. The Ant Man and Wasp official trailer has only been out 2 weeks and has 10 million views.

The BP official teaser trailer which has been out much longer has 35 million views. I just find it strange that it hasn't generated more overall views.

I guess if you use YouTube as a proxy for worldwide popularity and reach, then $1 billion may be a stretch. Anyway, I'm counting down and can't wait to see it. I just find it out that it has drawn such relatively minimal hype on YouTube compared to other marvel films.
Well, I guess it depends on the source that you get this kind of information from:

Quote:
The teaser trailer for Black Panther, Marvel Studios’ upcoming movie based on the character created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, generated 89 million views in the first 24 hours of its debut. The spot debuted Friday during the first quarter of Game 4 of the NBA Finals on ABC. It was then released on various social media platforms.

[. . .]

The 89 million-view figure includes the 19 millions views from those watching the NBA Finals.

While the trailer for Thor: Ragnarok is Marvel and parent company Disney’s most-watched ever (with 136 million views), Black Panther lands in the top 3 of most-watched Marvel trailer content.

Black Panther surpasses the views for teasers for top Marvel and Disney-released movies such as Captain America: Civil War (61 million), Star Wars: The Force Awakens (55 million) and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (52 million).

Black Panther was also massive on Twitter, generating 349,000 mentions in 24 hours. It generated more mentions than the NBA game during which it debuted, second only to the launch of the Star Wars: The Last Jedi teaser.
'Black Panther' Teaser Trailer Racks Up 89M Views in First 24 Hours (Exclusive)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 07:31 PM

2,589 posts, read 816,993 times
And...

Black Panther Teaser is Among Marvel’s Top 3 Most Watched Trailers

Old 02-15-2018, 07:35 PM

1,722 posts, read 921,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Well, I guess it depends on the source that you get this kind of information from:

'Black Panther' Teaser Trailer Racks Up 89M Views in First 24 Hours (Exclusive)
I'm just going by the number of views that are listed on YouTube for the official Marvel Studios trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw

I would actually believe the higher numbers because the YouTube numbers seem really low. Deadpool trailer has the same numbers of views as the official BP trailer and it's only been out 2 weeks. But it's kind of hard to not go by the YouTube numbers when they are directly shown.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:07 AM
Status: "A citizen without weapons is only a taxpayer" (set 3 days ago)

1,007 posts, read 570,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
So has anyone here actually seen the movie? How is it?
I just saw it and it is amazing. This might be one of the most visually striking movies I have seen. The portrayal of african culture is intentionally over the top to take you to a whole other reality while providing incredible entertainment. All types of crowds will enjoy it, even non americans not familiar with the Marvel universe. I can't believe they entrusted this budget to Ryan Coogler who is so young and not very experienced but he made a fantastic job. All of the movie screams talent. This movie totally blew my mind.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:59 AM

25,957 posts, read 26,672,348 times
Loved the movie. The little sister stole the show. Great cinematography, great pacing and the script was really thoughtful as well. Really enjoyable. My theater was packed and all of the shows tonight were sold out.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:52 AM

3,267 posts, read 4,172,261 times
I plan to go this weekend. Amazing how theaters have 20 showings in 6 different auditoriums. All are sold out or nearly sold out all weekend. I was on a movie site for 40 minutes trying to buy tickets. Every time I secured tickets the page would freeze and I would go back and someone had purchased them. We had to settle for an early morning show but I'm excited!

Old 02-16-2018, 12:07 PM

1,345 posts, read 683,462 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe1tbWicys

Old 02-16-2018, 12:41 PM

5,543 posts, read 2,898,783 times
My area seems to have a reasonable number of seats for tomorrow (at least during the matinee times) available, but tonight is almost entirely sold out. Got my ticket for 8:25 tonight, and can't wait!

My local paper gave the movie a great review, too.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:40 PM

16,289 posts, read 8,749,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
My area seems to have a reasonable number of seats for tomorrow (at least during the matinee times) available, but tonight is almost entirely sold out. Got my ticket for 8:25 tonight, and can't wait!

My local paper gave the movie a great review, too.
Everyone seems to like it.

OTOH, the YouTube reviewer I most respect said he greatly enjoyed it, but there were some points to be criticized (he gave it a B+, and he's tough--I've only seen him give Twelve Angry Men an A) and he admitted at length that he was afraid of the backlash even his mild criticisms would incur.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:54 PM

8,342 posts, read 8,524,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
How much has Marvel ever told us about Wakanda’s history, after all?
Wakanda first appeared in Fantastic Four #52 (July 1966).

Wakanda is located in East Africa, although its exact location has varied throughout the nation's publication history: some sources place Wakanda just north of Tanzania, while others -

such as Marvel Atlas #2 - show it bordering Lake Turkana, near South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia (and surrounded by fictional countries like Azania, Canaan, and Narobia).

In the Captain America: Civil War movie, Wakanda was shown on a map at the northern end of Lake Turkana, at a fictional point bordering Ethiopia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Kenya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or