U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2018, 08:05 PM

1,609 posts, read 553,281 times

Advertisements

I rewatched it again, after not seeing it since it's release, not remembering much of it, and I'm kind of split down the middle on it. The first half starts out very promising and I love the twist that brings us in to the second act.

However, I feel the movie perhaps didn't make due on it's promise. In the movie :

SPOILER

The woman is frame for her murder by her husband who fakes his death and frames for her for his murder.
Then in prison she learns about the law and finds out about double jeopardy and how she can kill her husband out of revenge, and the law wouldn't be able to touch her even if they could prove her guilty, because she had already been tried for the crime.

But I feel the movie never pays off on his this and just forgets about the double jeopardy idea, and all the opportunities that could have arose from it.

And also the husband tries to kill her by locking her in a coffin, and hoping she will die, but this came off as very James Bond-ish to me, where the villains lock the characters in a place, hoping they will die, instead of escape, when they can just kill themselves.

So that took me out of it as well. But still a very promising, solid first half. But what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM

7,308 posts, read 4,913,659 times
I thought it was a great movie at the time. Loved the scenery , I think it was Washington state or something like that. She (Ashley judd) was pretty badass. And I had the hot's for her then. She has become a total nut case now. Regardless, it is a good movie.

Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM

2,980 posts, read 1,577,171 times
Yes, Ashley Judd was way hot back then, and even nekkid in the boat scene. Nice scenery, pretty sailboat and I liked Tommy Lee Jones' character. It did sort of come full circle since she did kill him in the end, but I thought she was dumb for not taking the hotel.

Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM

1,609 posts, read 553,281 times
When you say it was dumb of her not to take the hotel, what do you mean by that?

Also, I feel it didn't really come full circle, cause I feel that it should have played on the double jeopardy plot opportunity that it introduced. She kills him in order to stop him from killing Tommy Lee Jones's character, which is not a crime.

I think it would have been a lot more interesting if she murdered him in cold blood out of revenge, or something like that, and she was caught, but walked away legally, cause she can't be tried for the same crime twice. Which I thought would have been more interesting, than just killing in self defense more so, and just not following up on the movie's promise.

The movie is even called Double Jeopardy, but we see no actual Double Jeopardy in the movie, so I felt kind of cheated.

Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM

1,742 posts, read 1,775,462 times
I liked the movie when I saw it.
If it came out today tho... I wouldn't watch it.

Old Today, 08:52 AM

12,162 posts, read 16,306,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I thought it was a great movie at the time. Loved the scenery , I think it was Washington state or something like that. She (Ashley judd) was pretty badass. And I had the hot's for her then. She has become a total nut case now. Regardless, it is a good movie.
That is so true and now not one director will probably work with her since she has not been in any movie or tv show for a while . I think she has ruined her career by saying anti trump things and have no respect for the President of the United States .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies