Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 04:55 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I hope you enjoy the movie as much as I did.
Thanks, me toooooooooooooooooooooooo! The first one killed me. Watched it 5 or more times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 10:18 AM

Eh. The jokes were really funny, for sure. Literal LOL funny, but overall, meh. My expectations were too high from the first one I guess.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:37 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliefland View Post
Am I the only person that doesn’t like Deadpool? I think it’s a really annoying movie
No, if you read through the postings, you may find out there are others here who don't care for it.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:46 PM

OK, so I feel like starting a 'What's so great about this movie?' thread. For me, killing off the gf at the start ruined it right away. For the short time until then, I was excited and jamming. Those crocs. LOLOLOLOL. The Dolly Parton song.

But just no on the plot. I liked the first one because it WAS a love story.

Then a TIME TRAVELER comes along, and DP doesn't make a deal they are going to travel back and save the love of his life, his reason to be alive? He quickly rebounds and finds a new purpose when he has an alternative?

OK, sure, they are going to do that in the 3rd one, I guess. But for me, that is not cool. Not realistic it wouldn't be the first thing out of his mouth when he finds the time traveler!

Maybe I can see it differently on a re-watch.

I hadn't realized the library would get me the blu-ray so fast, so I had rented it while I was on the wait list, but it came today and I have it for a week. There is a 'super duper' version disc included, so I am watching that one.

I guess I should have had y'all explain why I should look past what to me is BS before starting it again! I am so anxious to like it. I have Infinity War too, yet I am anxious first to like THIS one. The first one was so great! I'm paying full price to own that one, and that is rare for me. I hope it also has a 'super duper' second disc.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:22 AM

LOL! So far the second viewing is better. The fake film credits. 'Did you just kill her?' 'Something or other 'She was everyone's favorite character' 'Directed by the guy who had John Wick's dog killed'. 'Cinematography by 'I don't give a ****'. 'Ryan Reynolds obviously doesn't want to share the spotlight'. BOL.

They are telling me to get over it, is the point. And in hilarious fashion.

Q: This school for Mutants: is that the one they went to in 'Logan'? Or whatever movie the school was a GOOD place? PS, love all the references to Wolverine. Logan was my fav. of those.

Old 08-30-2018, 05:22 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
LOL! So far the second viewing is better. The fake film credits. 'Did you just kill her?' 'Something or other 'She was everyone's favorite character' 'Directed by the guy who had John Wick's dog killed'. 'Cinematography by 'I don't give a ****'. 'Ryan Reynolds obviously doesn't want to share the spotlight'. BOL.

Q: This school for Mutants: is that the one they went to in 'Logan'? Or whatever movie the school was a GOOD place? PS, love all the references to Wolverine. Logan was my fav. of those.
Yes, the school for mutants is the same school in all of the X-Men movies. Deadpool and Xmen were setting up crossovers since they were both Marvel Fox but now that Disney has Fox, all of Marvel (except for Sony) is under one umbrella. But yes, the school for mutants is the same one in Logan and all of the other Xmen movies.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:06 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post

Logan spoiler, it wasn't a school where they were going, or where the kids came from, in that movie. It was however the school mentioned in that movie but not seen, as the school was not in the other stand alone Wolverine movies. However Wolverine/Logan is in a shared universe with the X-Men movies and the school was featured in the X-Men branded movies in which Logan/Wolverine appeared.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Logan spoiler, it wasn't a school where they were going, or where the kids came from, in that movie. It was however the school mentioned in that movie but not seen, as the school was not in the other stand alone Wolverine movies. However Wolverine/Logan is in a shared universe with the X-Men movies and the school was featured in the X-Men branded movies in which Logan/Wolverine appeared.
I easily could have the movies mixed up. There was one where a mutant girl went to a school and it really was a good place. She had been rescued and placed there. I haven't seen XMen movies, I don't think. Until Logan, which then meant I had to go and watch Wolverine origin story.

In Deadpool the sign on the gate says Essex school, and the bad guy seemed familiar to me but who knows from what.

Google says this:
Quote:
We find out via flashback in Old Man Logan—the comic book this film is ... the young students at Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
PS I still lost interest in DP2 after he left where the Xmen live and turned it off. I give up trying to like it. Maybe DP3 will be better to me.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
He was given some weird cancer treatment or some other experimental treatment that altered his DNA so that he cannot be killed
His 'treatment' wasn't aimed directly at the cancer. It was seeking mutant genes to bring to the surface. It apparently took a long time, subjected to further and further pain and stress until they finally came forth. The cancer is still there, it just can't kill him since nothing can.

Those collars somehow render all mutant capabilities useless, so when it's on him the cancer starts doing what it does, a long as the collar is removed before he dies, he will always regenerate to health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies