Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 11:22 PM

29,473 posts, read 22,487,125 times

Advertisements

Not looking good so far, hopefully this was just a one off though.

Deadpool 2 Testing Very Poorly, Fox Stunned By Audience Reactions

Quote:
Will it be able to achieve the same glory that its predecessor did, then? That remains to be seen, but at the moment, things aren’t looking too good. And that’s because we’re learning today that test screenings have begun and unfortunately, audiences don’t seem to be taking to the film too well, with the studio apparently stunned by their reactions. Before we go any further, we advise taking this all with a grain of salt, as test screenings aren’t always indicative of how the final product will turn out, but regardless, here’s what we’re hearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 11:15 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,543,976 times
I’m not surprised. The first Deadpool did so well that it’ll be hard to live up to.

I saw Deadpool when it came out, and I thought it was a little hyped. With all of these Marvel movies, Star Wars, and now Avatar, Disney is kind of cannibalizing itself.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:06 PM

22,893 posts, read 28,167,543 times
I hated the first one, so my expectations this will be any good at all are nil.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:33 PM

8,748 posts, read 9,440,097 times
I had planned to go see it, and still do, but after all the reviews come in after it's out. In the meantime, here straight from the same site with the claims of poor testing is a report debunking it which one is true, who knows. As I said, I'm waiting till the movie hits the theaters and to hear what actual fans of the original have to say.

Deadpool 2 Said To Be Performing Well Among Test Audiences

Old 03-21-2018, 10:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times
Most Marvel Geeks (me included) loved the first one. He talks to the audience, and he doesn't shut up.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:17 PM

24,450 posts, read 9,315,996 times
Reviews are out and they mostly look positive
Deadpool 2 Reviews - Metacritic

It's going to kill at the box office.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:39 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,820,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynuddin View Post
Deadpool 2 is gonna be one of the best movies of 2018. It's going to break the box office.
I hope, and I think it will be a good movie that does well at the box office. However, I don’t think it will “break the box office.” A friend and I got tickets for this Friday night on Monday, no problem, and there were still plenty of seats to choose from. For comparison, for Black Panther, we tried to get tickets earlier in the week for weekend shows, and all friday night/weekend shows were sold out. For Infinity War, I think we did about 3 weeks in advance, and we were able to get tickets for a Satuday matinee but even that far in advance, there weren’t that many seats left online. So if going by ease of getting tickets, I don’t think Deadpool 2 will “break the box office” compared to Black Panther or Infinity War, but I’m really looking forward to seeing it.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:50 PM

11,195 posts, read 9,042,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I hope, and I think it will be a good movie that does well at the box office. However, I don’t think it will “break the box office.” A friend and I got tickets for this Friday night on Monday, no problem, and there were still plenty of seats to choose from. For comparison, for Black Panther, we tried to get tickets earlier in the week for weekend shows, and all friday night/weekend shows were sold out. For Infinity War, I think we did about 3 weeks in advance, and we were able to get tickets for a Satuday matinee but even that far in advance, there weren’t that many seats left online. So if going by ease of getting tickets, I don’t think Deadpool 2 will “break the box office” compared to Black Panther or Infinity War, but I’m really looking forward to seeing it.
Black Panther and Infinity War are PG13. Deadpool 1 and 2 are rated R.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:11 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,103,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I hated the first one, so my expectations this will be any good at all are nil.
Ditto. Won't even attempt to watch the 2nd one myself.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:13 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,944,284 times
Just saw it today. I enjoyed it. I laughed my ass off it was so funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies