U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 06:43 AM

9,096 posts, read 3,918,635 times

Advertisements

It looks like something I might go to see if it isn't too scary. I hate being startled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 10:58 AM

13,230 posts, read 11,754,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
It looks like something I might go to see if it isn't too scary. I hate being startled.
It wasn't that scary to me, but I like horror movies. I thought it was decent. Entertaining enough, but not the best thing I've ever seen.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:17 AM

15,527 posts, read 29,228,109 times
Just read the whole story line on wikipedia. I give it a solid "nah".

Old 04-24-2018, 12:59 PM

6,149 posts, read 1,497,034 times
This movie could have been SO much better had they started with normal life and then having these creatures show up one day and start killing people off, destroying society, cities, armies, etc, but that would require a much larger budget too.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:46 PM

772 posts, read 319,394 times
I saw it yesterday. It was a pretty original plot, and it was certainly more intriguing than the slasher films that have been coming out the past couple of years.

It didn’t completely wow me. I think I was expecting too much out of A Quiet Place. The ending made up for it.

Old 04-29-2018, 03:39 PM

772 posts, read 319,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post

Spoiler
Oh yeah and that creature looked like a demigorgon from stranger things.
I thought the same thing! In the twenty-two or so years since the latest Stranger Things season, could there have been an unrepairable tear between our dimension and the upside down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This movie could have been SO much better had they started with normal life and then having these creatures show up one day and start killing people off, destroying society, cities, armies, etc, but that would require a much larger budget too.
No. Thatís been apocalyptic movies have been done before. They wanted to focus more on character development.

I donít really like The Walking Dead, but it could have been so much worse if they showed the beginning of the spread of zombies and all of the chaos. Itís been done before.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:16 PM

14,966 posts, read 8,529,518 times
I saw it not long ago and I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen so far this year, well acted by everyone in the cast.

Yes there are the obvious jump scares but besides that there are genuine scary scenes from the tension of the moment. The movie kept the tension and intensity throughout the movie (the very ending shot was a bit corny I thought).

There was a very emotional moment towards the end of the movie, and I thought the director did a great job in getting to that moment. He didn't take the easy way out with a critical plot device involving the deaf girl, which led to that moment. One thing I also noted was that there was no swearing in this movie at all. Proof that you do not need single 'F' bomb in your movie to make it 'real' or involving. This movie was made for peanuts budget wise and has been kicking butt at the box office.

I read that a sequel was greenlighted.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:34 PM

1,030 posts, read 938,120 times
Stressful and intense movie but so well written. The cast did so amazing, definitely recommend this. I like how it just seemed a bit different and refreshing.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:34 PM

3,131 posts, read 1,083,349 times
I know that for religious reasons, some people won't go see horror movies because often times they deal with the subject of spells, the occult, or witchcraft, etc. However, this movie doesn't. And as a matter of fact, it's more like a science fiction movie because the monsters in the movies seem more like mutated creatures. Actually kind of like bats when you come to think of it because they have those long arms and that crazy sensitive audio thing going on with them.

Also, other than having a unique and terrific premise and a really great story, I thinking that perhaps because it is more of a science fiction movie(and as we know, fantasy and science fiction movies are generally bigger money makers), that perhaps that is the reason why it is doing so well at the box office for a horror movie.

But if you haven't seen this one yet, I would highly recommend that you go and see this movie on the big screen in the theaters. Also, I hope that they make a sequel to this movie.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:50 AM

1,273 posts, read 3,322,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I saw it not long ago and I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen so far this year, well acted by everyone in the cast.

Yes there are the obvious jump scares but besides that there are genuine scary scenes from the tension of the moment. The movie kept the tension and intensity throughout the movie (the very ending shot was a bit corny I thought).

There was a very emotional moment towards the end of the movie, and I thought the director did a great job in getting to that moment. He didn't take the easy way out with a critical plot device involving the deaf girl, which led to that moment. One thing I also noted was that there was no swearing in this movie at all. Proof that you do not need single 'F' bomb in your movie to make it 'real' or involving. This movie was made for peanuts budget wise and has been kicking butt at the box office.

I read that a sequel was greenlighted.

I was confused by the ending. If you were so kind as to Spoiler explain it to me I'd be grateful.

(Although I have to say this isn't a television show where we all are expected to wait with comments
until it has shown on the west coast....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies