U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 02:32 PM

2,702 posts, read 5,172,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
When I learned that some of the pop bags are coated with teflon,
i stopped buying popcorn for home.
I stopped with the microwave popcorn, but I pop it at home on the stove. I've discovered that the corn I buy at the local halal market pops the best (compared to other brands I've bought elsewhere).

I am fundamentally incapable of going to the movies and NOT buying/eating popcorn. When I try it, it just feels weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 04:35 PM

14,011 posts, read 10,174,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Actually, I was also having fun seeing if spoilers could be nested, in case I wanted to do so sometime for a type of logic quiz, or to make a point. Didja finger get tired?
I was having fun reading the nested spoilers; was not even aware that was possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
I stopped with the microwave popcorn, but I pop it at home on the stove. I've discovered that the corn I buy at the local halal market pops the best (compared to other brands I've bought elsewhere).
I buy Orville Redenbacher and make it in a pot on the stove, too. Then after it's popped, I pour it into a bowl and melt some butter with the residual heat of the pot. I just made some a couple of days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
I am fundamentally incapable of going to the movies and NOT buying/eating popcorn. When I try it, it just feels weird.
Same here. The smell of it does me in every time. One time I tried to resist, but I was just sitting there thinking about popcorn the whole time instead of taking in the movie, so I gave up and got some.

It's not even that good. The best popcorn I've had in a theater was from a theater in the next state over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or