U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 03:53 PM

18,135 posts, read 9,942,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
That seems to be it from the latest episode. However from space invasions, and high levels of death
They seem to be playing the major themes.
Spoiler
Most importantly the dramatic story of do I take care of the personal loved one or sacrifice him/her for the good of the many.
The exact mechanism of what was to happen may have been shielded from the TV staff but I dare say anyone who spends time to watch the movies and TV has a pretty good ideal of the grand story.

In any case I meant people like us letting slip without a spoiler tag by posting too fast, or thinking a related tread can be safe as we are all talking. My example of an Avenger's specific tactic I came across before I went into internet lock out to avoid spoilers.
I wouldn't consider merely mentioning that as a theme of either production a "spoiler." It's a pretty common plot trope whose mere mention of existence doesn't tell much about the plot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 06:01 PM

2,419 posts, read 1,239,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Actually, I'm on the Internet quite a lot, and I haven't found it difficult to avoid spoilers. The one spoiler I thought I heard turned out to be wrong.

And there was a wtf is he doing there? moment that nobody had said anything about, even though it means almost nothing with regard to the plot of the movie. But I had to check a YouTube clip of how that guy "died" before and saw that, yeah, okay, he could be there.

The biggest spoiler is the fact that we already know the movie release schedule over the next couple of years.
I saw it Saturday, so I avoided most of the spoilers, but I found the worst place is YouTube. One of the "suggested" videos that popped up (even before Thursday when it premiered) was a spoiler. Now I'm seeing even more, so I would definitely suggest staying off of YouTube for people who want to avoid spoilers. The shockers is a major strength of this movie. Definitely not the same movie if you've been spoiled.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I saw it Saturday, so I avoided most of the spoilers, but I found the worst place is YouTube. One of the "suggested" videos that popped up (even before Thursday when it premiered) was a spoiler. Now I'm seeing even more, so I would definitely suggest staying off of YouTube for people who want to avoid spoilers. The shockers is a major strength of this movie. Definitely not the same movie if you've been spoiled.
Well, I was rather already "spoiled" because I'd read the comic. There are significant plot and character differences, but I had an understanding of the gravity of what to expect.

From the comic:

https://www.cbr.com/infinity-gauntle...brutal-deaths/

Old 05-03-2018, 08:34 AM

6,512 posts, read 1,580,100 times
Ive never been bothered by spoilers to a movie, before I have seen it, doesnt make that much difference to me personally, and sometimes, I think I would kind of like the know the spoilers ahead of time, but to each their own I guess.

Ive heard a few die hard superhero movie fans talking about how they can NEVER top Thanos as a villain, so where they are going to go beyond this, once its over, is anyones guess. I doubt they would just stop making Avenger movies at a certain point and let it end.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive never been bothered by spoilers to a movie, before I have seen it, doesnt make that much difference to me personally, and sometimes, I think I would kind of like the know the spoilers ahead of time, but to each their own I guess.

Ive heard a few die hard superhero movie fans talking about how they can NEVER top Thanos as a villain, so where they are going to go beyond this, once its over, is anyones guess. I doubt they would just stop making Avenger movies at a certain point and let it end.
As I mentioned in the other thread, what makes Thanos such a strong character in this movie is that the writers deliberately placed him on the "Hero's Journey."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or