U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2018, 05:40 PM

3,017 posts, read 988,243 times

Advertisements

As I watching the movie, I couldn't help but notice that every student in Fletchers class was male, and it made think if he would treat female students the same way. If Andrew was a female character, would Fletcher throw a chair at her, slap her and yell at her with the same kind of language, and sexual rape threats, that he would with a male student...

But if they did change it so show Fletcher being equal and wanting to push a female student the exact to the exact same caliber, would the movie have been more dramatic and interesting in a way, or would have this made the movie worse?

I think it would have been interesting to see it that way, especially since his class was all male and we never get to see what he would do otherwise, with female students, but what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 06:11 PM

13,999 posts, read 13,620,823 times
I have no idea, but I loved that movie. And Miles Teller was amazing in it. Of course, so was J.K. Simmons, who won Best Supporting Actor at the Academy Awards for his performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies