U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 01:43 PM

7,932 posts, read 7,282,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
Exactly. And not only the visuals...do you remember sitting in the theatre and hearing the T. Rex's deafening roar for the first time? It wasn't just the sound...you felt the tremor from the immensity of that roar deep within your bones.

That's something I'll never forget.
Gawd YES! For it's time it was a magnificent piece of work. I admit, I grew up being obsessed with any scary adventure involving dinosaurs and this one left me with many a nightmares to the point I almost wished I hadn't seen it. OK not really, it took me a while to watch it again and I no longer am scared to that degree, but, I still get chills when I watch some of the scenes.

I'll especially never forget that scene when the first showed T-Rex in the container and it pulled the guy inside.

I will say, the movie didn't have any affect on my sister whom I when to see it with, she wasn't as blown away as I was, but then, she was more blown away by Conan The Barbarian, Arnold Schwarzenegger or shall I say Arnold's pecs.

Anyway, as others have said, you had to be there in the times and I guess like some of us, a kid at heart. There are a lot of movies, from years back, that don't have the same affect on me as they did from the period they were popular in. For this genre a lot about it was groundbreaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies