Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 07:53 PM

461 posts, read 546,290 times

Advertisements

The strongest Avenger is Captain Marvel. She'll take Adam Warlock's place and defeat Thanos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 09:46 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeliever View Post
The strongest Avenger is Captain Marvel. She'll take Adam Warlock's place and defeat Thanos.
Yeah I'm interested in learning more about Captain Marvel. Adam Warlock is up there from what I've heard, so she must be really strong. If we're talking about all of Marvel beyond just Avengers, Jean Grey with Phoenix power probably wipes out almost all superheroes.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:27 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
If we're talking about all of Marvel beyond just Avengers, Jean Grey with Phoenix power probably wipes out almost all superheroes.
Nah... In this thread, we're just talking about the Avengers in the MCU movies.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:26 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Betty Ross? But with Ruffalo's rendition of the Hulk, there is no Betty Ross. Also, I have no idea what WorldBreaker Hulk is because when I entered high school in the 1970/1971 school year and I felt like I was getting too old for comic books and stop buying them at that point. (Yep, I'm that old. Although probably not as old as Ralph. )

Yep, and House of M. is beyond my knowledge base also.
The Hulk/Bruce is not complete without Betty Ross.

Too old for comics, says who.. I read novels, self-help books, books that relate to my career, etc. I enjoy a couple of comic graphic novels too. House of M is a great graphic novel. I would recommend and gift it to your nephew or grandkid after you are done. Scarlet Witch goes mental after losing her kids and alters reality. She pretty much creates an alternate reality for our superheroes.

If you want to know what Worldbreaker Hulk is then i recommend reading World War Hulk.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:41 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The Hulk/Bruce is not complete without Betty Ross.
Yup. As much as I have loved much of the MCU, they continue to screw up the Hulk --- but then, Marvel Comics has been screwing up the Hulk for decades now. It's sad that they seem a little embarrassed by one of their all-time greatest heroes, so they keep turning him into a gimmick --- changing colors, changing personalities, turning him into Space Spartacus, turning him into a gumshoe detective.

Bruce Jones was the last writer who did a consistently great Hulk series --- and as soon as Marvel editorial started monkeying with it, he left.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:12 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
I entered high school in the 1970/1971 school year
We got a dustfarter!!!

Quote:
I felt like I was getting too old for comic books and stop buying them at that point.
I never got why some "adults" proceeded to "grow out of" the stuff they liked to read, the movies they liked to watch, and the music they enjoyed listening to.

"I watch documentaries now, and whatever she wants to watch."

"I enjoy listening to AM talk radio. I don't have much time for music, anyway."

"Comics? Seriously?"

Old 05-14-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Bruce Jones was the last writer who did a consistently great Hulk series --- and as soon as Marvel editorial started monkeying with it, he left.
Bruce Jones is one of the best writers to happen to comics, period. He's actual a double threat: writer and artist, but he's now more known for his stories than his visuals. He did write and draw an original horror concept for Marvel titled Arena, which was published as a Marvel Graphic Novel.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:13 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,965,446 times
The Hulk smack down by Thanos was pretty disappointing. It was like a "Really, is that all you got? Well take this you weakling!"

I still maintain they relied too much on CGI as the expense of character building. Perhaps that is what the audience wants. Time will tell....pretty quickly really.

One thing they probably did right....threw so much at you that many will see it again to sort things out. I will see it again but not right away. Too many other interesting movies in the pipe for my movie/month budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Thor is definitely one of the strongest Avengers if we are including the comics, however, if we are just going by the MCU movies, I think it's debatable because the movies have severely dumbed down Thor's (and other characters' powers). Doctor Strange at his full comic book strength would also be vying for the strongest, but they only selectively show his abilities in the MCU. Original version of Drax was top tier strength too. To be honest, Hulk is probably consistently the strongest Avenger, but the way Thanos beat him down, he's out of contention, lol. It's a little hard to judge in the MCU movies.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:20 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
I still maintain they relied too much on CGI as the expense of character building.
Agreed. But then again, I'm old.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:28 PM

You guys are all wrong. Ant-Man is clearly the most powerful. Even the Hulk will buckle when Ant-Man shrinks small enough to zip up his urethra and then proceeds to make balloon animals with his vas deferens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies