U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 07:42 PM

5,591 posts, read 2,427,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Also, there are so many versions of characters in the comics, that I guess they pick the most vanilla versions.
It makes them less interesting than they ought to be. They smoothed over a lot of what makes Strange unique. They did away with the incantations because it would "invite comparisons to Harry Potter." To which I say so, so freakin' what? Can people not be informed how Strange was around decades earlier? And then toning down the way cool collar of his cloak. Somebody here said it would be "distracting." That is just nonsense. NONSENSE, I say! Should we clip Batman's ears off? Why does Wonder Woman need that tiara, anyway? In fact, let's have everyone run around in plain-looking black bodysuits. Oh, wait, they tried that with the very first X-Men movie, and I thought it sucked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 09:40 AM

27 posts, read 6,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Also, I had always thought that Vision was a really strong Avenger, especially since he was able to lift Thor's hammer in AoU, but even though Vision has always been one of my favorite Avengers since he was first introduced in the comic books in the 1960s... and I still liked his role in IW... however, I still have to say that he seemed kind of weak in IW. Although I guess that could be viewed as him having been injured by the one bad guy's sword which prevented him from phasing.
well the Vision was severely injured by CorbusGlaves Axe - and what ever its properties it caused massive injuries to the Vision and maybe it seems he was specifically chosen for that task ( maybe the movie should have made that clear )- so he was severely weakened

Proxima Midnight is an assassin and she could only be handled by both the Scarlett Witch ( her reality altering powers ) Black Widow (one of the best fighters in the world ) and Okoye ( who is the best of all fighters in Wakanda ...and has a vibranium spear which is a HUGE force multiplier fighting against an 9 foot tall alien assassin ) - she fled the first encounter only because she was protecting Glave because he was the one with the capacity to remove the stone from Vision

Vision was able to lift the hammer NOT because he was "strong" but because of the character of his ..."person" Thors hammer was mystical and as Odin stipulated you had to be "worthy" to wield it - thats why Cap could move it so slightly - the Hammer was MADE for Thor ( and as a result he could always wield it until Odin decided he wasnt "worthy" and banished him and his Hammer to Earth to learn some humility ) but Cap isnt a God - he is a mortal; Vision is neither mortal nor is he a God - he is a machine and a manifestation of the aspect of the Mind Stone - a thing from the beginning of the Universe before even Mjolnir was created...so "character-wise " he is much more pure than any mortal and thus can easily wield Mjolnir

Dr Strange went toe to toe with Thanos because of the Mystical abilities he has - Scarlet Witch had SOME effect because of her Reality altering power but by that time Thanos has the Gauntlet fully made and thus she really isnt any match for him ...Tony unleashed the biggest baddest most powerful weapons a regular person could conceive of building harnessing and using and all he got was a scratch ( which Thanos let him know and then he unleashed an ass whuppin on him )

as far as strength - Odin is now dead and being Odins Son Thor now has the "Odinpower"- Odins abilities and power level and yes sheer raw physical power ( as well as mystical power ) which is why ultimately he was the only one able to actually HIT and hurt Thanos and withstand the power of a star.

so when its all said and done as far as THE strongest Avenger its Thor by a mile and a Eon now since only he has the strength to fight Thanos

the Hulk got completely Tyson bodied and cowering in a corner from JUST a short fight with Thanos and ONE stone - Thor hit Thanos and HURT him when Thanos had all six ... so it shold be fair to say that Thor is pretty much now off the scale strong physically...

but maybe this Hulk will become the "Maestro"/Smart Hulk in the next installment ....so look for a Hulk power upgrade

Old 05-15-2018, 10:26 AM

15,072 posts, read 19,718,275 times
Here is the problem:

A fight between characters who can't be hurt is BORING.

These heroes need to be given less power, not more. Otherwise, there are no real stakes. Who loses and who wins doesn't really matter.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:32 AM

18,107 posts, read 16,448,492 times
It depends on which comic you're reading and which movie you're watching. Hulk would be physically the strongest, but Thor was generally regarded as having the wider range of powers and greater versatility. Then there's the Silver Surfer who was supposed to be even more powerful than Thor. Drax was supposed to be stronger than The Hulk but not the movie Drax. And there were other versions of Drax. I like the movie Drax, he seemed well written. Was The Silver Surfer even in Infinity gauntlet and do the Fantastic Four even still exist? Their last movie was garbage and I guess they can't have Johnny Storm/ Captain America identical twins. And the X men have gotten lame, lame, lame. But then so has Spider Man.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:39 AM

20,292 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
It makes them less interesting than they ought to be. They smoothed over a lot of what makes Strange unique. They did away with the incantations because it would "invite comparisons to Harry Potter." To which I say so, so freakin' what? Can people not be informed how Strange was around decades earlier? And then toning down the way cool collar of his cloak. Somebody here said it would be "distracting." That is just nonsense. NONSENSE, I say! Should we clip Batman's ears off? Why does Wonder Woman need that tiara, anyway? In fact, let's have everyone run around in plain-looking black bodysuits. Oh, wait, they tried that with the very first X-Men movie, and I thought it sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAxlWf72wD8

Old 05-15-2018, 03:10 PM

2,428 posts, read 627,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynuddin View Post
i think hulk would be the strongest avenger. he is very strong and aggressive that's the reason.
Eh, I'm pretty sure Thor is the strongest Avenger. I would also believe Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange would be more powerful than Hulk too.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:34 PM

2,380 posts, read 1,215,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Eh, I'm pretty sure Thor is the strongest Avenger. I would also believe Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange would be more powerful than Hulk too.
Itís definitely not the MCU version of Hulk. Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Thor, and Vision are good candidates. I donít follow Guardians of the Galaxy close enough, but the fact that Mantis could put both Ego the Living Planet and Thanos to sleep, is pretty impressive. Also because Star Lord is the son of Ego the Living Planet and could hold an Infinity Stone without dying in GG1 was pretty impressive too.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:13 PM

6,297 posts, read 3,474,966 times
Am I the only one reading this thread who is reminded of the scene in Stand by Me where the boys are having a serious debate over whether Mighty Mouse could beat up Superman?

Old 05-16-2018, 03:37 PM

2,927 posts, read 1,429,178 times
Thor kind of harnessed the power of a sun to a make his new hammer. Plus he handily won his fight with The Hulk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lcWGG46f8Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynuddin View Post
i think hulk would be the strongest avenger. he is very strong and aggressive that's the reason.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:04 PM

5,805 posts, read 3,087,683 times
After the last three MCU movies all the rest of the Avengers should be serving as scouts, being Thor's eyes and ears for him to bring the power. Rumor is Captain Marvel will push beyond Thor on the power scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies