U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 05:57 PM

386 posts, read 182,771 times

Advertisements

The most powerful avenger is Dr. Strange. Honorary mentions for Wanda and Thor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 08:25 PM

5,819 posts, read 3,099,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
Dr Strange is not an Avenger in the MCU, He protects us from other types of threats

Old 05-22-2018, 03:10 AM

12,136 posts, read 8,115,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
The Hulk And Thor have gone back and forth beating the hell out of each other though out the years When the Hulk was in a rage or as in WWH no one could stop him. Thor could beat the Hulk when the Hulk didn’t really want to fight.

Nine times out of ten the Hulk beats Thor.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Well, the movie has been out for almost a month now, therefore at this point, I would think that the people who haven't seen the movie yet would avoid this thread because of spoilers.

But what you said about the Hulk and the power stone was interesting, reed. Because I had once heard that the Hulk's strength was unlimited and that the angrier that he got, the stronger that he got. Also, I have no idea who the Beyonder is, but at the beginning of IW, Thanos had the power stone, therefore, I decided to look up what exactly the power stone was. And even though I seemed to have been getting a lot obscure answers as to what it was, I would say that around the best description of it would be:

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-infinit...finity-stones/

Well, even I don't think that that was entirely clear, but I have a theory about something in Infinity War, and which might be a spoiler for the Avengers 4, therefore, I am going to use the spoiler tag:

Spoiler
Even though we have been ragging on the Hulk for getting his butt kicked by Thanos in IW and being scared to come out and help fight Thanos in the rest of the movie, I think that the power stone is involved with what happened to the Hulk in IW. But here is another quote that I found at another webstie:

Power Stone | Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Also, GotG fans might understand this already, but see No. 15 in this link:

https://screenrant.com/avengers-infi...-trivia-facts/

Therefore, since Thanos had the power stone at the beginning of IW, I was wondering if the reason why he was able to defeat the Hulk so easily was because he had drained the Hulk's strength from his body into himself by means of the power stone, and perhaps the power stone was a threat to the Hulk's life that he could somehow sense. Therefore, in addition to wanting to save his own life, perhaps the Hulk was also trying to prevent Thanos from draining all his strength and becoming even that much more powerful.

Also, I noticed in an interview with the Russo brothers, they seemed to have made their explanation obscure as to why IW didn't show Thanos acquiring the power stone, even though I'm wondering if they were just trying to avoid discussion about the power stone to perhaps hide a big reveal in Avengers 4 in regards to a big turn-around with the Hulk which would involve a better understanding of the power stone:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/241...he-power-stone

Mm-hmm.

We just don’t like big crowds so we waited. Still learning about my iPad soo not sure how to copy paste yet. I will say this the Beyonder called Galactus a bug.
I can’t easily explain who the Beyonder is you’ll have to look him up.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:09 AM

5,598 posts, read 2,437,890 times
Speaking of the Beyonder, when Marvel gets their IPs back from Fox, you can bet either Secret Wars or AvX will be the next main event a few years down the road.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:53 PM

3,131 posts, read 1,087,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Dr Strange is not an Avenger in the MCU, He protects us from other types of threats
But for this thread, that will work since Doctor Strange was one of the good guys fighting with the Avengers in this movie.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:01 PM

3,131 posts, read 1,087,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
We just don’t like big crowds so we waited. Still learning about my iPad soo not sure how to copy paste yet. I will say this the Beyonder called Galactus a bug.
I can’t easily explain who the Beyonder is you’ll have to look him up.
I did. But all that I could find was a weird looking guy who was dressed in white:

And I was too lazy to read the article to find out who he was.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Beyonder_(Earth-616)

Old 05-24-2018, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
I did. But all that I could find was a weird looking guy who was dressed in white:

And I was too lazy to read the article to find out who he was.

Beyonder (Earth-616) | Marvel Database | FANDOM powered by Wikia
Heís bad enough to call Galactus a bug thatís bad!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies