U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 05:41 PM

27,586 posts, read 45,043,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I do think Malek did a good job. It’s impossible to have the stage presence that Freddie did.

For the teeth they should have made them more proportionate to his face. Freddie has a huge mouth to keep all those teeth in!

I am astonished everyone but me loved the movie!
You quoted me--
I noticed in your quote a mistake I didn't catch--my keyboard has issues. And I can't correct my original--

I meant to write "Just an object lesson about artists"....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 05:42 PM

12,781 posts, read 10,787,209 times
Quote:
I am astonished everyone but me loved the movie!
I loved the movie, said so and am recommending it!

Old 11-03-2018, 05:51 PM

21,490 posts, read 18,184,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Wife and I are huge Queen fans. Have a dvd concert of them that is really cool. Looking very forward to seeing the movie, but might wait for it to come out as a rental.

BTW, did I mention that we are Baby Boomers at 69/me and 70/her.
This 65 yr old boomer can't wait to see this either! I LOVE Freddie's voice.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:56 PM

I think Malek did good job of looking like he singing
Don't have clue what his real voice sounds like

Old 11-03-2018, 05:58 PM

39,222 posts, read 37,829,922 times
Re: his teeth

I think y'all may not be remembering properly.

He had a massive overbite that the moustache helped minimize.

I can't wait to see the movie! I've heard the CGI crowds are off-putting.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:11 PM

13,241 posts, read 11,793,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
I liked it. 9/10. It does not go without saying - awesome music. Even the band was good - including Joseph Mazzello ( Jurassic Park ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
thanks---I didn't look up the cast and couldn't place him---
Joseph Mazzello was also in Radio Flyer, so thatís the movie that I always associate with him. I talked my mom into taking me to see it like three times when it was playing in the theater because I had a crush on Elijah Wood. lol

Old 11-03-2018, 08:18 PM

2,471 posts, read 640,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Joseph Mazzello was also in Radio Flyer, so that’s the movie that I always associate with him. I talked my mom into taking me to see it like three times when it was playing in the theater because I had a crush on Elijah Wood. lol
He was also in a nice little movie called The Cure, which also had the late Brad Renfro in it.

But, just got back from watching the movie, with a packed theater nonetheless, and I loved it. I'm definitely adding it to my BluRay collection when it comes out.

Sadly, I noticed that Rotten Tomatoes has taken to giving this movie a rotten, and I have no idea why. But, I've seen movie critics in the 80's give movies thumbs down that would later be classics today. Just goes to show how out of touch critics are.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:42 PM

14,335 posts, read 20,592,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Re: his teeth

I think y'all may not be remembering properly.

He had a massive overbite that the moustache helped minimize.

I can't wait to see the movie! I've heard the CGI crowds are off-putting.
He definitely had a huge overbite. I just personally thought they didnít scale the teeth to Malekís face, it bugged me

Old 11-03-2018, 10:17 PM

39,222 posts, read 37,829,922 times
Quote:
He definitely had a huge overbite. I just personally thought they didnít scale the teeth to Malekís face, it bugged me
Makes sense. I hate it when I can't overlook a detail like that in a movie. It ruins the effect for me.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Makes sense. I hate it when I can't overlook a detail like that in a movie. It ruins the effect for me.
I saw it today and it was playing in smaller sz theater--was sold out except for front row
I had pre-purchased and seats are assigned--so when I went to ticket booth to get my phone scanned there were two guys maybe 35 or so wanting tickets for our show--just 5 min before showtime--who left because only front row was available...
So I think this is definitely doing good business with older people==we three are in our 70s--definitely Queen's audience at the time...

Re the teeth--
There were times when I thought the prosthesis was less noticible than at others
I just wonder if they had different sizes of them made because maybe the first ones that were pretty large/oversize were just painful for Malek
I have not read anything about that in press so far...

But I have read an article that was not that positive about the movie--but gave Malek very strong positive review--that blamed the two members of Queen who are listed as producers--
The article felt that they had too much input into the script and made themselves into the voice of reason and morality...
Gave history of how the script/story had been shopped around for years and initially Sasha Cohen was supposed to star--he does have better voice than Malek I think--(but he is way taller than Mercury so not exactly a perfect match either)...the financing couldn't be put together and the project languished so Cohen found other work...
Than this version started and Brian Singer was ejected part way through as director with the assistant directors completing the film--
Don't know who shot what--

I enjoyed it--thought Malek was very good--but the rest of the band was pretty much just cardboard cutouts
Never got into their heads really...and we never go into their lives either----it is Mercury's story...
Mike Meyer was great in his cameo and remember the car song he pushes in THIS film is the song tht Garth and Wayne crush on in "Wayne's World"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies