U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 11:48 AM

2,006 posts, read 548,547 times

Advertisements

And so, why? Is it because he's also the youngest Marvel hero yet?

I would argue that if SpiderMan were to have both qualities off, he would have been completely an Avenger since the start.

He's the only iconic Marvel hero not to really be an Avenger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 08:25 PM

How has no one replied yet?

Old 05-20-2018, 11:56 PM

1,295 posts, read 446,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
How has no one replied yet?
Because the question makes no sense?
(Maybe it's just me?)

Localized hero?

And then there is this ..??
Quote:
I would argue that if SpiderMan were to have both qualities off, he would have been completely an Avenger since the start.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Because the question makes no sense?
(Maybe it's just me?)

Localized hero?

And then there is this ..??
Fine

He tends to just principally fight in his homeland. He doesn't go on big ass missions like most other heroes do.

As for my the other point, well I mean how could Spiderman be an Avenger if he's too young and has to take care of other things?

Old 05-21-2018, 03:11 AM

11,024 posts, read 13,645,792 times
Well, he is a "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man".

Old 05-21-2018, 06:30 AM

15,098 posts, read 19,740,991 times
Quote:
He tends to just principally fight in his homeland. He doesn't go on big ass missions like most other heroes do.
Yup. It was a staple of several Marvel heroes in their day. DAREDEVIL comes to mind. He was probably even more local than Spidey. Spidey lived in Queens but hung out mostly throughout Manhattan. Daredevil tended to stick almost exclusively to Hells Kitchen in Manhattan.

Quote:
As for my the other point, well I mean how could Spiderman be an Avenger if he's too young and has to take care of other things?
Depends on the writer. Various writers over the years have made Spidey an Avenger. I never thought it worked too well. Spidey shines best on his own, not as a team player.

Keep in mind that in the comics, Peter Parker hasn't been a teenager in decades. Since the late '60s, I think.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN from a few years back was a sort of 21st century reboot that returned Peter to his teenage years. It was fantastic. One of my all-time favorite comics.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:51 AM

I forgot there was also a general forum for entertainment, sucks that there isn't one for comic books though. So I am so sorry for the miscategorization.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:58 AM

5,601 posts, read 2,437,890 times
Quote:
I forgot there was also a general forum for entertainment, sucks that there isn't one for comic books though. So I am so sorry for the miscategorization.
If you want to discuss comics (not movies), you could always create a thread in the main section, or in the Books subforum.

I created this thread for general discussion for all CBMs:

CBMania: The DCEU, MCU, Sonyverse, Foxverse, and Beyond!

Old 05-21-2018, 11:00 AM

5,601 posts, read 2,437,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yup. It was a staple of several Marvel heroes in their day. DAREDEVIL comes to mind. He was probably even more local than Spidey. Spidey lived in Queens but hung out mostly throughout Manhattan. Daredevil tended to stick almost exclusively to Hells Kitchen in Manhattan.
Definitely. It would probably come down to either Daredevil or Luke Cage. Those guys don't stray from their turf. Spider-Man has.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:50 PM

17,951 posts, read 9,863,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Definitely. It would probably come down to either Daredevil or Luke Cage. Those guys don't stray from their turf. Spider-Man has.
Their villains don't even stray from their home turf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or