Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:04 AM

4,781 posts, read 2,083,125 times

Advertisements

I never go to the movies. I wait for them to come out on video.

New releases this week:
World trade Center
Mozart and Whale
The devil Wears Prada
Barn Yard
Talladega Nights

Did you watch any of these at the movies? What did you think ?
Which one will you be renting this week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2006, 11:08 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Took the older girl and her friends to see "The Devil Wears Prada". The other mom and I did give each other a few questionable glances. She had read the book and said it was totally different than the movie. The book goes into how one of the characters is gay but it is never mentioned in the movie and several other things. I have not watched the new show on tv something "Betty"? but it sounds pretty close on the commercials to what this movie was. Won't be renting it or buying it.

I want to see "Talledaga Nights". LOL!!!! Ricky Bobby..... lol

Speaking of movies, does anyone else have "ondemand" w/ their cable provider? If so have your movie selections really gone downhill? It used to be that right after a movie came out on video we could "rent" it on "ondemand". Not anymore.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:15 AM

613 posts, read 798,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Took the older girl and her friends to see "The Devil Wears Prada". The other mom and I did give each other a few questionable glances. She had read the book and said it was totally different than the movie. The book goes into how one of the characters is gay but it is never mentioned in the movie and several other things. I have not watched the new show on tv something "Betty"? but it sounds pretty close on the commercials to what this movie was. Won't be renting it or buying it.

I want to see "Talledaga Nights". LOL!!!! Ricky Bobby..... lol

Speaking of movies, does anyone else have "ondemand" w/ their cable provider? If so have your movie selections really gone downhill? It used to be that right after a movie came out on video we could "rent" it on "ondemand". Not anymore.

It's Ugly Betty. Never watched it, but my mother said it was cute.

We are big NASCAR fans, however have no desire to see Talladega Nights. Looks stupid to us. They just haven't made any good racing movies. They need to make one based on the life of Dale Earnhardt, as my dad was probably his biggest fan.

We have Starz and Encore and have enjoyed the movies that are playing this month....just love Eight Below....could watch it over and over.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
It's Ugly Betty. Never watched it, but my mother said it was cute.

We are big NASCAR fans, however have no desire to see Talladega Nights. Looks stupid to us. They just haven't made any good racing movies. They need to make one based on the life of Dale Earnhardt, as my dad was probably his biggest fan.

We have Starz and Encore and have enjoyed the movies that are playing this month....just love Eight Below....could watch it over and over.
Movie based on the life of Dale Earnhardt, that is a great idea. I'd differently watch that!

Old 12-12-2006, 12:15 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,081,115 times
I hate going to the theatre.It's so rude for people to sit there and run their mouths to one another or take that most important phone call.Did you not come here to watch a freakin movie,if so,then shut the hell up.I also hate when some one will come up and sit right beside you when there is plenty of other seats to sit in.The last time this happened,right before the person sat down,I spilled my drink all over the next two seats.I hated to do that but it worked.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:29 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
I hate going to the movies not only for the outragous costs but the fact is you have to be there 45 minutes early just to be able to get your drink (unless you sneak one in), go to the bathroom and be able to get IN the theater while the lights are still up to be able to see. Then you have to sit thru a min. of 6 previews. It is now a joke w/ us, we make bets w/ each other on how many previews before the movie then count them. The norm is six.

I also don't like people coming and sitting right beside me when there are plenty of empty seats. Another problem though is when it is a full theater and people sit w/ an empty seat or two between them. Makes it really hard for a family to find a place to sit all together. I think basic common courtesy and sense has gone right out the window when it comes to how one should act and behave.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:55 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Save me Jesus save me jewish god save me Tom Cruise!! so funny i almost peed my pants!!!

Old 12-12-2006, 04:07 PM

We''ll just got back from Block Buster. I rented "Barn yard" for the kids
This will give me a good hour and half to get some speed cleaning done.
Then for tonight, "The World Trade Center".

Momof2dfw :I was kinda thinking "The Devil wears prada" might not be any good, but wasn't sure..(Thanks for your post.)

Last edited by DBNN; 12-12-2006 at 04:31 PM..

Old 12-12-2006, 04:47 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
We saw "The Devil Wears Prada" and "Talladaga Heights" in the theater, and they wre both excellent, very funny. Meryl Streep and Will Ferrell are at their best in each film.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:02 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,408 times
I usually wait for movies to come out on DVD. I can easily name the movies I've seen in the theater the past few years. (TTT, SWII, ROTK, SWIII, POTC, POTC: DMC, Elizabethtown, Kingdom of Heaven, Shrek 2.) I want to see The Holiday soon. My husband and I are going to Asheville this weekend for our anniversary. I'm hoping we can go see The Holiday on Saturday evening.

Anyway, I'm wanting to rent The Devil Wears Prada. They usually all get rented out pretty quickly at the video store near me, so it may not be til next week or so before I can see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies