U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2018, 12:10 PM

6,237 posts, read 1,510,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoBankerGirl View Post
Did anyone see that Reese Witherspoon/Matthew Broderick movie, "Election"? Reese plays a high school student that has an affair with a teacher. The movie made it look like she seduced him and the teacher was the victim.
when it comes to underage females and adult men, I believe the large majority of those, the underage female is the initiator, aggressor.

Back when I was in my teenage years, I dated alot of girls and had many female friends, they are well aware of the power and influence they hold over adult men, many bragged about what they could do, or had done in this regard.

One girl I was friends with got into some legal trouble and seduced her court appointed social worker when she was 16, when she was around her friends or other kids, she would brag about this all the time, how she had him wrapped around her finger...but I also saw her when she was around her parents, completely different girl!! She even said if they were ever caught, she could 'play' the little angel who was taken advantage of. She used this guy until she didnt need him anymore, and then threw him to the curb, he had given her money, all kinds of gifts, etc.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 09:44 PM

2,590 posts, read 2,890,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
That movie still haunts me still. "She's my sister, (SLAP) she's my daughter..."
Yeah, his daughter was his grandaughter as well. She turns up again in the sequel The Two Jakes."
Yes, Chinatown had some unforgettable material, and the old chester grandfather was particularly creepy, the way he was clutching the little girl like a prize at the end. They could have easily made that ending come out right by having the daughter or Nicholson kill him. Can't help but wonder if Polanski was living out his retirement fantasy with this film. Never knew there was a sequel, dare I watch it, lol?

The Basketball Diaries, another ugly one that makes you want to take a shower after you watch it. Leonardo DiCaprio turns from star basketball player in high school, to street junkie in this one, and when he needs a fix, coach Sandusky is more than willing to help him out, but the price is pretty high. It gets worse, much worse. I will spare you any further details on this sick puppy, don't watch it, lol.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:41 AM

9,070 posts, read 9,230,361 times
Default Blame it on Rio

Blame it on Rio starred Michael Caine, Joseph Bologna, Michelle Johnson, Valerie Harper, Demi Moore, and Josť Lewgoy.

The film was famous for casting an actual 17 year old girl, Michelle Johnson, to play the 17 year old girl who seduces Michael Cain (22 years older).

The director Stanley Donen, was about age 60, and his previous work included such notable musicals as Singin' in the Rain, On the Town, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Charade.

A relationship between a 40 year old man and a 17 year old girl is not pedophilia, but it is illegal in most states and judges especially are critical if the man knew the girl for many years when she was very young.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:02 AM

20,910 posts, read 32,910,098 times
Lest we forget Woody Allen's Manhattan in which he cast himself as the lover to a 16-year-old Mariel Hemingway. Art imitating life, or vice-versa.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post

A relationship between a 40 year old man and a 17 year old girl is not pedophilia, but it is illegal in most states and judges especially are critical if the man knew the girl for many years when she was very young.
MANY people today would call that pedophilia though (even if it really is not).

Old 06-18-2018, 03:58 PM

2,984 posts, read 973,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
when it comes to underage females and adult men, I believe the large majority of those, the underage female is the initiator, aggressor.

Back when I was in my teenage years, I dated alot of girls and had many female friends, they are well aware of the power and influence they hold over adult men, many bragged about what they could do, or had done in this regard.

One girl I was friends with got into some legal trouble and seduced her court appointed social worker when she was 16, when she was around her friends or other kids, she would brag about this all the time, how she had him wrapped around her finger...but I also saw her when she was around her parents, completely different girl!! She even said if they were ever caught, she could 'play' the little angel who was taken advantage of. She used this guy until she didnt need him anymore, and then threw him to the curb, he had given her money, all kinds of gifts, etc.
Yeah I would agree that in Election, the teenage girl was the villain for sure, since she seduced him as all part of her sinister plan.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:08 PM

2,984 posts, read 973,799 times
Quote:
Yeah, that was my point in this thread, its surprising how often older movies depicted this kind of thing (and not usually in a negative way either).

Someone else mentioned 'Firestarter', I had forgotten all about that (that girl was like 11-12!!!)

Theres a 2016 or 2017 movie, but i cant think of the name of it, its a comedy, it was in the theaters and was produced by one of the big studios, about 2 high school teachers who end up fighting, ( I think Ice Cube is is one of the teachers if that rings any bells?), they joke about a male teacher who sleeps with female students a few times, its done in a joking manner.

Yeah in James Bond today, you don't see Daniel Craig turn down the seductions from teenage girls.

I really think there was/is some degree of desensitization going on, its in too many movies and tv shows to be a coincidence.
Yeah in James Bond today, you don't see Daniel Craig turning down the seductions of a teenage girl.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:04 PM

5,817 posts, read 3,095,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Yeah in James Bond today, you don't see Daniel Craig turning down the seductions of a teenage girl.
Did they provide the Craig's Jame Bond with that opportunity? All that I can remember was the comments on how old Lucia Sciarra, Monica Bellucci was and how great is was for Bond to have a mature "Bond Girl".

Old 06-20-2018, 03:59 PM

1,559 posts, read 829,415 times
Quote:
MANY people today would call that pedophilia though (even if it really is not).
And that's unfortunate since pedophilia (preteen) is so much more damaging then ephebophilia (teens) that most these examples consist of.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
And that's unfortunate since pedophilia (preteen) is so much more damaging then ephebophilia (teens) that most these examples consist of.
Yeah, Ive not seen any movie or tv show that tries to make light of real pedophilia (preteen), what we are seeing is an attempt to normalize or make attraction to teen aged an orientation (Ephebophilia).

I think majority of people could eventually tolerate some degree of Ephebophilia, but I doubt true pedophilia will ever be viewed normal or acceptable, no matter how much conditioning they are subjected to!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or