U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 08:07 AM

7,563 posts, read 1,880,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Something I found interesting

Spoiler
The demon the film is revealed to be about, named Paimon, is a demon who was cast into hell along with Lucifer and other heretical angels. Paimon is considered to be one of Lucifer's most devote warriors. Paimon is often depicted as having a female appearance but is actual male, which is why, in the film, the demon is first inside the daughter Charlie, and then later is inside the son. It also states in ancient texts that when Paimon approaches, you can here a strange sound similar to the clicking noise that Charlie makes.
something else that is strange
Spoiler
Even though we know the demon was in Charlie before her death, I didnt see the girl do anything that even remotely looked demonic or evil, she went to a party with her brother, where it looks like she felt awkward and out of place, and of course, eating cake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 08:52 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,097,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
something else that is strange
Spoiler
Even though we know the demon was in Charlie before her death, I didnt see the girl do anything that even remotely looked demonic or evil, she went to a party with her brother, where it looks like she felt awkward and out of place, and of course, eating cake!
Unless you count...

Spoiler
Her beheading the pigeon, but I think that was just foreshadowing her death.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:59 AM

3,169 posts, read 2,979,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I saw it today and honestly? I didn't love it. It was kind of silly, in my opinion.
Absolutely agree. After all the hype from reviews I had read, I was very disappointed.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:46 PM

88 posts, read 26,603 times
Hi Rstevens62,

More demons psst don't say the name Paimon out loud, EEK!

My favourite is Choronzon that Aleister Crowley allegedly conjured up, i bet the demon took one look at Crowley and had a mental breakdown, it must have been a bad shock to come face to face with him ha ha!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choronzon

Old 07-20-2018, 04:31 PM

2,471 posts, read 1,730,904 times
I went on Youtube and tried to watch the preview trailer but didn't get all the way through.

It looked absolutely dreadful.
There's enough depressing crud in the world already without a movie like this.
I'm curious what kind of psychological profile would be attracted to watching something so depressing and vile as this big pile of horse$*@$

I can't see spending two minutes watching this let alone two hours, give or take. I don't get the appeal of this kind of movie whatsoever. I just don't get it?!

Old 09-16-2018, 09:36 AM

1,411 posts, read 694,551 times
Default Hereditary - I couldn't frikkin' sleep afterwards.

This was the scariest movie I have seen in a long time. It starts off very slowly - almost dull (like The Exorcist), and then builds until you think you may need therapy by the end. Well, not really therapy, but I thought it was quite scary. Toni Collette always delivers, and this one is no exception.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:15 PM

1,411 posts, read 694,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
If it IS as good as "Rosemary's Baby" that achieves a high bar--
I wouldn't really compare the two, but this was far scarier. I think it had more similarities to The Exorcist than to Rosemary's Baby. It also dealt with a lot of the characters inner turmoil much like The Exorcist did.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:19 PM

3,023 posts, read 1,793,274 times
I saw it two nights ago. We both thought it was boring. Oh well, hopefully something better will be released for Halloween, but this was definitely not it, for us at least.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:22 PM

14,064 posts, read 10,308,707 times
I watched this a few months ago. It definitely had a Rosemary's Baby feel to it for me, although the exact details weren't the same. I was impressed by how good the actors portraying the kids were.

I thought some of it was corny/hack, but some parts were pretty scary/horrific. I suppose I'd recommend it.

Spoiler
I would have bet money the dad was in on it (again, Rosemary's Baby).

Old 10-17-2018, 05:14 PM

7,563 posts, read 1,880,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I wouldn't really compare the two, but this was far scarier. I think it had more similarities to The Exorcist than to Rosemary's Baby. It also dealt with a lot of the characters inner turmoil much like The Exorcist did.
What was so scary about it? Paimon, must be a pretty boring demon!

Can you name one 'demonic/evil' thing he does thru out the whole movie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies