U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 10:21 AM

27,844 posts, read 25,453,932 times

Advertisements

Great music. The movie itself is okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 11:34 AM

13,447 posts, read 18,172,834 times
my sister went to see it and she said it was okay the music was just okay she thought maybe more of it . The part where cooper looks out the window and says hey she says what . Cooper says I just wanted to get another look at you . Now she said that part melted her heart .

Old 12-10-2018, 05:00 PM

27,844 posts, read 25,453,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
my sister went to see it and she said it was okay the music was just okay she thought maybe more of it . The part where cooper looks out the window and says hey she says what . Cooper says I just wanted to get another look at you . Now she said that part melted her heart .
Everyone has their own opinion, but I'd say the music is more than "okay." I don't if it will have the same success as The Bodyguard's soundtrack, but it's probably the best soundtrack since. I fully expect Gaga to clean up at the Grammys.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:08 PM

13,447 posts, read 18,172,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Everyone has their own opinion, but I'd say the music is more than "okay." I don't if it will have the same success as The Bodyguard's soundtrack, but it's probably the best soundtrack since. I fully expect Gaga to clean up at the Grammys.

again your opinion thanks for adding though ...

Old 12-11-2018, 06:18 AM

25,931 posts, read 23,881,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I wanted to see it, but saw the one with Barbara and Kris, and for me, nothing could top them, so, I'll wait until it comes on TV. And I love Cooper, but, no one could top the performances in my opinion, of the last remake.

But that's just me....

Old 12-25-2018, 05:04 PM

146 posts, read 246,832 times
I saw it this weekend and thought it was amazing. The soundtrack has some of the best music I’ve heard since the ‘70s. This movie will surely get multiple nominations at Oscar time.

Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM

28 posts, read 3,097 times
Has all of The Star is Born movies been nominated for Oscars?, I think every single one had nominations for Academy Awards, but I'm not sure

Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM

11,848 posts, read 7,043,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timd48 View Post
Has all of The Star is Born movies been nominated for Oscars?, I think every single one had nominations for Academy Awards, but I'm not sure
1937- Won for Best Writing (Original Story). Nominated for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Assistant Director, and Best Writing (Screenplay).

1954- No wins, but was nominated for Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Original Score, Best Original Soundtrack, Best Production Design, and Best Costume Design

1976-Won for Best Original Song for "Evergreen". Nominated for Best Cinematography, Best Sound and Original Song Score

Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM

138 posts, read 18,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Great music. The movie itself is okay.
watching now - Redbox just made it available today - music has been good, not really into the story much - never saw the earlier version w/ Streisand

Old Today, 09:07 AM

25,931 posts, read 23,881,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
watching now - Redbox just made it available today - music has been good, not really into the story much - never saw the earlier version w/ Streisand
I don't believe I'm going to like this one as much/to date, for me, no one can fill Streisand's shoes....

While Lady GaGa is good, I don't think she is as unique as Barbara, but that's just me. I remember seeing Barbara for the first time, on the Ed Sullivan show, and her voice was so beautiful, I cried....with joy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or