U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 09:57 PM

27,438 posts, read 44,934,740 times

Advertisements

The version she sang on piano later or the initial version/the duet they sing
Bought sound track CD but haven't listened to all of it

Did Cooper write any songs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 11:08 PM

880 posts, read 417,198 times
For some reason I keep thinking I see Dave Chappell in the trailor. I donít know if he has a big part or a part at all but I would love him in a serious role. The movie looks great anyway but Iím a huge Chappell fan.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:55 AM

9,665 posts, read 5,658,893 times
I liked the chemistry between her and

Spoiler
her Dad, kind of channeling Liza Minnelli and her Dad in Arthur

Old 10-08-2018, 07:32 AM

409 posts, read 169,670 times
I'm so glad the movie was finally released. I was getting so sick and tired of their overhyped nonsense. Thankfully, I shouldn't have to watch any more commercials on it. Hollywood is just so boring with their lack of creativity and originality. Hard to believe how many remakes there are (most not being close to as good as the originals).

Old 10-08-2018, 07:49 AM

7,951 posts, read 3,862,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
I'm so glad the movie was finally released. I was getting so sick and tired of their overhyped nonsense. Thankfully, I shouldn't have to watch any more commercials on it. Hollywood is just so boring with their lack of creativity and originality. Hard to believe how many remakes there are (most not being close to as good as the originals).

It's not overhyped. It's actually a really good movie and different enough from the previous versions to stand on its own.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:47 AM

409 posts, read 169,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's not overhyped. It's actually a really good movie and different enough from the previous versions to stand on its own.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm not interested in seeing a trailer of a movie 6-7x a day (which is overhyped in my book). It's a remake. Hollywood is simply too cheap to take any chances any more.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:21 AM

7,951 posts, read 3,862,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm not interested in seeing a trailer of a movie 6-7x a day (which is overhyped in my book). It's a remake. Hollywood is simply too cheap to take any chances any more.
Doing a remake IS taking a chance. It's taking a HUGE chance that it will be compared harshly against the original.

Personally, I enjoy remakes. I like seeing the different visions and interpretations. Thank goodness for remakes or we would never know a single Shakespeare play. And no, I'm not comparing ASIB to Shakespeare. Just making the point that just because something is a remake or a retelling of an old story, that doesn't make it bad or unimaginative.

And no one is forcing you to watch the trailers. There's a button on the remote that will fix that for you.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:19 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
compared to Barbara and Kris Kristofferson's "A Star is Born" what do you think?

I did not see this version yet?

Old 10-09-2018, 07:42 PM

12,976 posts, read 5,391,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It actually looks really good. And Gaga is beautiful. I wish she wouldn't bury herself in gimmick, shock value and "creative expression". When she's stripped down to her true self, you really get to appreciate how good her voice is.
This is so true! I just saw this movie and thought she was so pretty at the beginning, then she went a little Gaga on us in the middle. I guess it was about today’s music industry, but I really thought her regular look was great. It was so ‘90s, which is a good thing. When the artists go crazy on the style, they lose the music. Like the ‘80s hair bands versus Lynyrd Skynyrd or Nirvana. Because the ‘70s and ‘90s music industry was much greater than the ‘80s.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:48 PM

40,872 posts, read 32,642,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
For some reason I keep thinking I see Dave Chappell in the trailor. I donít know if he has a big part or a part at all but I would love him in a serious role. The movie looks great anyway but Iím a huge Chappell fan.
Yes, Dave Chappell is in it - a pretty decent but not huge role. It's a more serious role too. He does a good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or