U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2018, 09:27 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Reputation: 15308

Advertisements

There is a new remake of the movie, "A Star is Born" and I cannot wait to see it....

https://ew.com/movies/2018/06/06/a-s...-born-trailer/

Never knew Bradly Cooper sang...

I'm going to resolve myself, right off, that it will be nothing like the old movie...and give it a chance...I don't expect the same songs or movie to surface....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2018, 09:43 AM
 
7,950 posts, read 3,852,505 times
Reputation: 27230
It actually looks really good. And Gaga is beautiful. I wish she wouldn't bury herself in gimmick, shock value and "creative expression". When she's stripped down to her true self, you really get to appreciate how good her voice is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 09:45 AM
 
Location: S. FL (hell for me-wife loves it)
2,982 posts, read 1,708,068 times
Reputation: 8886
I love Lady Gagas' voice. But Barbara? Hard to beat. But I'll give it a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 09:47 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Reputation: 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It actually looks really good. And Gaga is beautiful. I wish she wouldn't bury herself in gimmick, shock value and "creative expression". When she's stripped down to her true self, you really get to appreciate how good her voice is.
yes, her voice is extremely powerful.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 09:49 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Reputation: 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
I love Lady Gagas' voice. But Barbara? Hard to beat. But I'll give it a try.
yeah, wull see, that's the thing....just like reading the book first and then going to the movie, the movie is never as good....you have to think of each being it's own entity....of course Barbara was gifted...I remember seeing her sing for the very first time, I cried. lol...that's the truth.... but this is not Barbara and never will be, however, that doesn't mean, it can't be just as good...does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 09:51 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Reputation: 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It actually looks really good. And Gaga is beautiful. I wish she wouldn't bury herself in gimmick, shock value and "creative expression". When she's stripped down to her true self, you really get to appreciate how good her voice is.
me to....me to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 10:02 AM
 
5,589 posts, read 2,425,544 times
Reputation: 3172
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It actually looks really good. And Gaga is beautiful. I wish she wouldn't bury herself in gimmick, shock value and "creative expression". When she's stripped down to her true self, you really get to appreciate how good her voice is.
She quit the meat dresses a while back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 11:23 AM
 
7,950 posts, read 3,852,505 times
Reputation: 27230
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
She quit the meat dresses a while back.
I'm not just referring to meat dresses. She's definitely toned down in recent years, but she's still getting lost in her stylistc choices.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/pho...ew-york-runway
She started off with a couple good looks, and there are a few others scattered throughout the link, but she definitely still likes to step out in some cray fashion choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 12:13 PM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Reputation: 15308
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I'm not just referring to meat dresses. She's definitely toned down in recent years, but she's still getting lost in her stylistc choices.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/pho...ew-york-runway
She started off with a couple good looks, and there are a few others scattered throughout the link, but she definitely still likes to step out in some cray fashion choices.
I think with age comes new perspectives....maybe she won't fully change and that's ok...long as she isn't hurting anyone....even though I don't really get off on her styles, I've watched her on talk shows and she seems pretty intelligent and talented....so? Whose to say...right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2018, 12:30 PM
 
7,950 posts, read 3,852,505 times
Reputation: 27230
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I think with age comes new perspectives....maybe she won't fully change and that's ok...long as she isn't hurting anyone....even though I don't really get off on her styles, I've watched her on talk shows and she seems pretty intelligent and talented....so? Whose to say...right?
She can dress however she wants of course. I would never suggest otherwise. But there's nothing wrong with pointing out that her "out there" creative expression is overshadowing her true talent and beauty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top