Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 09:38 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
I loved the original Jurassic Park. It was my childhood.

I thought the next two were bad, until the jurrsssic world. To me that movie from a few years ago was pretty much on par with the original. It went off the rails for me personally towards the end with the motor cycles and raptor team....but I enjoyed the majority.

I kind of kick myself for watching too many trailers because I felt it ruined a lot of the suspense for me. They showed too much but I get that it’s my fault for watching them.

Major spoilers ahead....

I enjoyed the first first part on the island. This movie is certainly much more dark and cruel. The animals dying and being treated poorly. Owen being left to die. Threats to shoot the doctor girl. The grandpa being murdered. They did a good job also having funny parts. So from that perspective the movie did a good job of making you feel and think.

Of course it was all wrapped up in a nice politically correct bow for the modern world. You have the nerdy kid being heroic. The young girl being heroic. The creation of an Asian woman character. The black kid. The evil Russia bidding for the most dangerous dinosaurs. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no racist or person who have anything against other people, but it’s so obviously forced and tiresome. The only thing we were missing was the gay couple.

I’ll admit I didn’t like the indoraptor. I felt the entire “haunted mansion” part was average at best. I enjoyed the throwbacks to the original “oven door closing scene”. To me, Jeff goldblum’s speeches were the best part. Perhaps the movie serves as a modern warning to genetics being used.

The end of the movie that was set up for the next one just seems bad. I have a horrible feeling for what the next one will be.

The fallen kingdom was ok, but it clearly falls in third to me, and it’s quite a large margin.
So, if everyone was white, it would have been okay and "normal?" Not forced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 08:07 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
they need to scare the crap out of me

Old 06-24-2018, 10:01 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Good lord it was horrible. Too many plot holes, awful watching dinosaurs getting tortured, and just an incredibly stupid plot.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:56 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Of course it was all wrapped up in a nice politically correct bow for the modern world. You have the nerdy kid being heroic. The young girl being heroic. The creation of an Asian woman character. The black kid. The evil Russia bidding for the most dangerous dinosaurs. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no racist or person who have anything against other people, but it’s so obviously forced and tiresome. The only thing we were missing was the gay couple.
Daniella Piñeda isn't Asian. She's Mexican-American. And she's one of the best things about a movie that isn't better than its predecessor.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:38 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Good lord it was horrible. Too many plot holes, awful watching dinosaurs getting tortured, and just an incredibly stupid plot.
Just saw it yesterday, and found I was bored. I didn’t like that they had three different stories going on and didn’t do much with two of the stories. It was as if they had all these ideas, but couldn’t come up with any solid way to flesh out those stories.

It just didn’t work for me.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:10 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
The island evacuation premise could have served 80% of the movie. The "auction" and ensuing mansion crawl were preposterous. And to think, the same guys wrote this one!

The very end of the movie (especially the post-credits scene) reveals the actual movie I want to see!

Last edited by AFtrEFkt; 06-25-2018 at 10:53 AM..

Old 06-25-2018, 10:34 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Thanks for this thread, I want to go see this so bad but now don't want to see dinos being tortured!

Old 06-25-2018, 07:12 PM

343 posts, read 353,137 times
I enjoy all the responses I have received so far. Its tough to spend money on a money and then find that you completely hate it, so I feel especially bad for those that hated it. I tend to have low standard with movies, so I can find some form of enjoyment with almost anything I watch.

Having said all that, this one was pretty weak. I don't think there was any more dino torture than in Lost World. For the most part the dino's were simply captured and put in cages. The deaths on the island were acts of nature. While they were sad, it was hardly torturous. For me the most heavy handed 'torture' in the movie was the 'toxic air'. Anybody who has seen the movie should know what I am talking about.

My biggest complaine is that this movie really does punch you in the face with the whole evil corporation, super villain, take over the world atmosphere throughout the second half of the movie.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:37 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,965,446 times
Doing fine at the box office. Almost 150 million domestic opening week-end. I think that tends to average about a 300 million domestic take. That isn't bad. Most of the viewers are giving it pretty good though not great reviews. I don't think movies like this are generally highly acclaimed, even by the movie goers themselves.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jur...fallen_kingdom

Old 06-26-2018, 04:56 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
they need to scare the crap out of me
That's what the first Jurassic movie one did, that's all I want to know if this one will do. Otherwise the thrill is gone for good. That first one, rocked my world scared the bejesus out o me.

I may go see it as I hear there are some good scares in this one. ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies