U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 08:00 PM

25,412 posts, read 14,505,191 times

Advertisements

I finally saw Jurassic Word: Fallen Kingdom and I wonder why it the first of these were called Jurassic World because this really seemed like it got the world aspect. I guess it is because the park is now named Jurassic World, but this seems more like a Jurassic World movie IMHO.

I liked Fallen Kingdom, it was better than I expected. I expected it to be Jurassic Park 3 which by the trailers, I saw way too much escape from the island imagery. It wasn't but it was far more an Indiana Jones type movie in the Jurassic Park mythos. Owen and Claire really are a modern day Henry and Marion pairing. It works though. I think it is better than The Lost World but I have a special place in my heart for Lost World that Fallen Kingdom won't fill. That said my ranking of the four (Jurassic Park 3 isn't in my head-canon and should have been killed off in the Universal Studios fire of 2008) Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, The Lost World: Jurassic Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 10:42 PM

1,368 posts, read 2,454,619 times
When I saw the very first trailer, I thought this movie was going to be terrible. Turned out to not be that bad.

Island part was good, but sad to watch. Anyone notice the Ford Explorer where they found blue? Looked like the one the trex pushed over the edge in the original JP.

From watching the trailers, this looked like a dinosaurs on the mainland type of movie, so I wasn't surprised the island part was so short. If thats the story they wanted, I'm fine with it. The trex in San Diego part of the lost world was so rushed it was terrible.

Didn't care for the whole militaristic use of dinosaurs part of the plot. Still not sure how I feel about the ending.

I do like how the jurassic world movies exist in the same timeline as the original. The little girls "mother", are we supposed to know her? There was a comment that she had been in the park, so I wasn't sure if she was someone from a previous movie.

Old 06-29-2018, 02:07 AM

4,610 posts, read 1,149,317 times
it got bad reviews (in the 50's out of 100) so they're going to loose a lot of money compared to last one.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:07 AM

6,237 posts, read 1,510,506 times
I didnt like how they had the raptor (Blue) as a 'good guy', he wouldnt attack Owen Grady or even anyone Grady was friends with. CMON, thats a bit much, even in the last film, if the raptors got the chance, they would attack Grady in a heartbeat (Im thinking of that scene where he rescues the guy who fell into the raptor cage), the raptors still tried to attack him.

Im guessing the next one will be dinosaurs in suburbia! Since they all basically escaped into the wild, and some were transported to other areas.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:00 AM

5,598 posts, read 2,433,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
it got bad reviews (in the 50's out of 100) so they're going to loose a lot of money compared to last one.
Some money, yes. "A lot," no.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:51 PM

25,412 posts, read 14,505,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Jurassic Park and even Jurassic World were great movies with rewatchability in theaters because they were fun movies. Fallen Kingdom was not a fun movie, but it was good. Sadly due to Ant-Man and the Wasp opening next weekend, this weekend is critical to Fallen Kingdom's box office as the drop will be dramatic next weekend with a direct competitor while this week with Uncle Drew and the Sicario sequel. I expect a 60% drop though this weekend.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:52 PM

3,797 posts, read 1,469,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Daniella Piñeda isn't Asian. She's Mexican-American. And she's one of the best things about a movie that isn't better than its predecessor.
I love her snarky attitude

Old 06-30-2018, 06:16 PM

13,230 posts, read 11,768,860 times
I saw it today. I didn’t like it quite as much as the first Jurassic World (maybe because my eye candy Nick Robinson wasn’t in this one), but it was decent.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:32 PM

2,246 posts, read 1,390,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
So, if everyone was white, it would have been okay and "normal?" Not forced?
Because that’s what I said, right?

I know you clearly want to skim and cherry pick...but there’s no point in responding to a question like that. I’m reviewing a movie, not having a useless race debate with you.

There were a lot of things “forced”. Not just race. As I specifically pointed out, there was forced nationality themes “the big bad evil Russian” and forced nerdy kid and the young girl being the hero’s parts. They were both scared and unsure of themselves ...but golley gee there’s a hero in each of us!

Old 06-30-2018, 09:34 PM

2,246 posts, read 1,390,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Daniella Piñeda isn't Asian. She's Mexican-American. And she's one of the best things about a movie that isn't better than its predecessor.
She definitely was excellent in the movie, and I agree.

I guess I didn’t do a full research bio on her. I simply watched a movie that had a person in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies