Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 11:42 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,722,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Went to see this on Independence Day. Worst of the franchise. If I wasn't with someone I would have left halfway into it. The first Jurassic Park was great and the sequels are getting steadily worse. The problem with Hollywood is they have a hit so they milk it for all its worth with endless sequels and now even prequels. Enough already.
Wait, Jurassic Park 3 wasn't worse than this? That **** damn near killed the franchise until Jurassic World breathed new life in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 07:58 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,163,665 times
Is that the one with the kid who gets lost on Isla Nublar and his parents have to come rescue him? Tea Leoni was in it? It was bad but this new one was worse, way worse.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Is that the one with the kid who gets lost on Isla Nublar and his parents have to come rescue him? Tea Leoni was in it? It was bad but this new one was worse, way worse.
Yes it was and IMHO that is one of the worst movies I ever saw. Jurassic Park 3 was a Jurassic Park movie that wasn't a JP movie. That was let's give them Grant since he wasn't in The Lost World: Jurassic Park, except it wasn't the science-fiction horror, it was just horror with dinosaurs. This one gave me JP3 vibes in the trailer but it still had elements of a JP movie when I saw it. I barely put Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom over The Lost World despite my personal connection to Lost World because I think this was a better movie, but I didn't get the love from Fallen Kingdom, like I did Lost World.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:06 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,423,732 times
Ive wondered why they dont bring back Sam Neil as Dr. Grant. he was great in the movies he was in, audience seemed to like his character, its strange he hasnt even had a cameo in any recent ones, considering he is still alive and presumably would be aware of whats going with these islands, i was most surprised he was not in the first Jurassic world, like the main voice of opposition to such a park.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:51 PM

29,420 posts, read 22,307,026 times
Three more years until the next movie.

Dinosaurs and humans living together, how 'exciting.'

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018...-happens-next/

Old 07-14-2018, 11:04 AM

28 posts, read 14,454 times
this movie really was a piece of garbage - i mean seriously NONE of it made sense - its all over the place
its a terrible terrible movie - the only thing it does right is the cinematography and some of th special effects

someone said its like they exported a ride from Disneyland and just made you watch the ride from an easy chair instead of blasting air and water mist in your face

****ing Starlord outrunning a volcanic ash cloud?? really????

Old 07-14-2018, 01:19 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,571,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_roboto View Post
Next time: more dino carnage, less Star-Lord!

Old 07-14-2018, 01:39 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,975,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Three more years until the next movie.

Dinosaurs and humans living together, how 'exciting.'

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018...-happens-next/
Looks like they're going 'Planet of the Apes' on us.

Although they are doing something different with the movie.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:58 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,975,215 times
Quote:
this movie really was a piece of garbage - i mean seriously NONE of it made sense - its all over the place
its a terrible terrible movie - the only thing it does right is the cinematography and some of th special effects
Well, I'm not sure that it's fair for me to agree with you since I nodded off a few times during the movie. However...

Spoiler
for the little genetic clone girl to let all the dangerous and deadly and carnivorous dinosaurs out into the real world because they were "alive" like she was was kind of stupid. Because think of all the humans who are going to 'die' because of what she did.

Quote:
Hmmm.

Quote:
A pyroclastic flow (also known as a pyroclastic density current or a pyroclastic cloud)[1] is a fast-moving current of hot gas and volcanic matter (collectively known as tephra) that moves away from a volcano reaching speeds of up to 700 km/h (430 mph).[2] The gases can reach temperatures of about 1,000 °C (1,830 °F).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyroclastic_flow

Old 07-14-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Next time: more dino carnage, less Star-Lord!
Chris Pratt isn't Star Lord in this movie though. Owen is much more of Indiana Jones type minus the hate, whip and leather jacket. Star Lord would joke until the cows come home about something while Owen didn't. Same actor but he didn't create an archetypal role hate to his past performances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies