U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 11:00 PM

64 posts, read 59,121 times

Advertisements

Just watched Jurassic World tonight. Not bad, darker than most of the others. Interesting direction with some of the plot points. Hilarious names for the 'new dinosaurs'. First we have Indominus Rex, than we have the Indoraptor. (Not a spoiler, this was evident in the trailer), what's next? The Velocityrannokill?

Anyway... spoilers below...

First third or so of the movie. I sort of feel like the whole expedition to get the dinosaurs off the island was rushed. That concept could have been fleshed out into its own full film. I thought the whole segment was beautiful classic Jurassic Park and was the good movie I was looking for, tucked into what was ultimately a dark haunted house movie.

The ending. Happy or not? It is quite obviously a sequel set up for 'Jurassic World III: Jurassic America". But I do wonder where they will go with it. A feature length version of the last 20 minutes of the Lost World? might be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 03:08 PM

7,918 posts, read 5,811,833 times
My reaction to it was.. I was looking at my phone 30 minutes in to see if it was almost over yet.

I didn't LOVE the first Jurassic World.. But I thought, for what it was, it was a decent enough action adventure movie. I wasn't against it at all and didn't hate it.

This one.. Yeah, I think hate comes in. Did not care for it at all.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:32 PM

14,693 posts, read 8,274,381 times
I absolutely loved the first one, my favorite movie of that year.

Can't believe it's been three years already.

Anyways, must see movie for me.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:50 AM

868 posts, read 456,143 times
I hear the new one that just came out isn't good, but I agree that Jurassic World is a pretty good movie. Easily, easily the best one since the original.

My only issue is how much I hate the older one of the kids. He's just too cool for everyone.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:21 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,318,866 times
I loved the original Jurassic Park. It was my childhood.

I thought the next two were bad, until the jurrsssic world. To me that movie from a few years ago was pretty much on par with the original. It went off the rails for me personally towards the end with the motor cycles and raptor team....but I enjoyed the majority.

I kind of kick myself for watching too many trailers because I felt it ruined a lot of the suspense for me. They showed too much but I get that it’s my fault for watching them.

Major spoilers ahead....

I enjoyed the first first part on the island. This movie is certainly much more dark and cruel. The animals dying and being treated poorly. Owen being left to die. Threats to shoot the doctor girl. The grandpa being murdered. They did a good job also having funny parts. So from that perspective the movie did a good job of making you feel and think.

Of course it was all wrapped up in a nice politically correct bow for the modern world. You have the nerdy kid being heroic. The young girl being heroic. The creation of an Asian woman character. The black kid. The evil Russia bidding for the most dangerous dinosaurs. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no racist or person who have anything against other people, but it’s so obviously forced and tiresome. The only thing we were missing was the gay couple.

I’ll admit I didn’t like the indoraptor. I felt the entire “haunted mansion” part was average at best. I enjoyed the throwbacks to the original “oven door closing scene”. To me, Jeff goldblum’s speeches were the best part. Perhaps the movie serves as a modern warning to genetics being used.

The end of the movie that was set up for the next one just seems bad. I have a horrible feeling for what the next one will be.

The fallen kingdom was ok, but it clearly falls in third to me, and it’s quite a large margin.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:22 AM

5,031 posts, read 3,281,728 times
Jurassic America? They can't be serious? It works on the islands. It doesn't work in the US.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:38 AM

25,043 posts, read 14,247,772 times
Um can someone change the title of the thread? It says Jurassic World when the thread is clearly about Jurassic World's sequel, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and has spoilers. I was so ready to say that Jurassic World is a great movie and I didn't expect it to be. Fallen Kingdom I expect to be worse as it looks to be a lot of Jurassic Park 3's escape the island crap.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:51 PM

64 posts, read 59,121 times
The title of this thread is my fault. Sorry if I misled anyone. Anyway, we can happily discuss both Worlds, and all the others as well. Yes, the first of the Jurassic Worlds' is superior to this particular sequel. The original Jurassic Park is still the best, though I do have a special place in my heart for Lost World as well. This makes the order of love to hate as follows

Jurassic Park
Lost World
Jurassic World
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Jurassic Park III
Carnosaur... haha!

I still stand by my statement that if the first half of Fallen Kingdom was its own entire movie, it would have been endlessly better. Something about the humans and the dinosaurs facing the wrath of nature is intriguing to me, and would be a change of pace that still holds to the logical progression that this series needs; in my opinion anyway.

Or they can just go full bioengineering crazy in the sequel and start having more cloned humans and half mech dinosaurs everywhere! Bwahah! Like I've always believed, if you are gonna get ridiculous with something, commit and go all out.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:18 PM

5,578 posts, read 1,350,602 times
I didnt like how they have the velociraptors(spelling?) basically just going after the 'bad' guys, they leave Owen grady and all his friends alone. LOL.Cmon, they would be ripping them to pieces just like anyone else.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:37 AM

806 posts, read 1,004,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylentvoyce View Post
I still stand by my statement that if the first half of Fallen Kingdom was its own entire movie, it would have been endlessly better. Something about the humans and the dinosaurs facing the wrath of nature is intriguing to me, and would be a change of pace that still holds to the logical progression that this series needs; in my opinion anyway.
I thought the exact same thing when I left the theater. I really enjoyed the opening. The scenes where the volcano was threatening to erupt were amazing. The final scene as they left the dock was heartbreaking.But I thought...that's it? They're already done with Isla Nebular? They could have made a whole interesting movie about gathering species while the plot unfolds about the true motives of the "suits." Definitely was not into the whole caged in mansions, seller to the highest-bidder, more hybrid stuff. Decent movie, but a step down from the original Jurassic World which I loved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies