U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 09:29 PM

3,783 posts, read 2,006,199 times

Advertisements

Favorite genres: Horror and Musicals. Anything scary and anything where people sing, you’ve got my attention. Combine those two genres and I’d be in heaven.

Least favorite genre: romance/romcom. I hate the mushy love stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 07:08 AM

8,853 posts, read 4,823,610 times
Horror? Sure, if it is the classic stuff, Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Udo Kier, that kind of world. The stuff that twisted the mind of a young innocent girl.

Generally, sci fi is my favorite. And least?

Hard to say, I am open to most things but I guess Superhero. Those that one sees on screen is not the person they imagine when they read the comic books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Favorite genres: Horror and Musicals. Anything scary and anything where people sing, you’ve got my attention. Combine those two genres and I’d be in heaven......

So you are into "Phantom of the Paradise"?

Old 07-26-2018, 01:02 PM

4,990 posts, read 4,452,319 times
My favorite is scifi (i.e. science fiction, fantasy, & horror).

Though the genre is now under-siege with the influx of globalist plantation identity political movement.

Now don't get me wrong, from the very 1st issue of the Hulk, the reverberations from the Red Scare were felt, but the genre gradually moved away from that after the McCarthy era.

Then you got the original Star Trek, Battle Star, Bionic Woman & the later reboots of TNG, DS9, Voyager & then Buffy, Xena, Fringe etc.

One thing though, is that for the most part, these joints were not part of the mainstream networks & channels or if they were they were set up to fail & ignored without all the glitz, glamour & pop paparazzi.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT, THAT WAS A GOOD THING, given what these shows were doing decades ago, and what the so-called mainstream are doing today.

Let the mainstream have the dopers/cheaters, reality & talk shows & what not.

Now I know like every other genre, scifi is not above or immune to what goes on in the general society but I hope the up & coming generations in the genre don't get suckered into the globalist plantation identity utopia. There were some recent shows that had potential that I felt got cut off too early like Continuum & Dark Matter but in todays context I'm not sure they would be given the time of day.

Last edited by kovert; 07-26-2018 at 01:37 PM..

Old 07-26-2018, 01:37 PM

7,959 posts, read 3,862,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Though the genre is now under-siege with the influx of globalist plantation identity political movement.

I'm not even sure what that is, but wow, it made my head hurt trying to figure it out.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:45 PM

3,783 posts, read 2,006,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Horror? Sure, if it is the classic stuff, Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Udo Kier, that kind of world. The stuff that twisted the mind of a young innocent girl.

Generally, sci fi is my favorite. And least?

Hard to say, I am open to most things but I guess Superhero. Those that one sees on screen is not the person they imagine when they read the comic books.

So you are into "Phantom of the Paradise"?
Not familiar with that title but will look it up. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:24 PM

8,853 posts, read 4,823,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Not familiar with that title but will look it up. Thanks.

When it comes to Horror movies that are musicals, "Phantom of the Paradise" is the classic. There is also "The Apple" but I rate the former as the better. As a horror which is a musical, the latter is decent if not fantastic from the musical side but its story telling was badly done.

"The Ruling Class" might also be considered a Horror-musical. Not so much horror as we classically think of things but then again, a horror when we realize that these guys are in charge.

Have fun!

Old 07-29-2018, 07:35 AM

1,242 posts, read 724,087 times
Favourites

- Drama
- Action (some I don't care for, esp. over-the-top action, but many are good)
- Comedies
- Some sci-fi (think 'Alien', 'The Terminator', 'Star Trek')
- Horror (not the gorefests that seem to be rather popular, but true, scare-you-out-of-your-pants horror); only problem is, I'm such a fraidy-cat that I can't watch them alone
- Documentaries if they are on a subject I'm interested in

Least favourites

- Musicals
- Period / medieval pieces
- Animated

(These are pretty much my preferences, although there are sometimes exceptions...movies within my least favourite genres that I actually do like, and vice versa)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or