Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 04:04 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times

Advertisements

Apparently this is the least popular of the Ocean installments.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5...actually-sucks

This was actually my favorite of the three. Which one do you like best and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 06:44 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,468 times
I am not a fan of these movies, but then, George Clooney might have something to do with that.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:51 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Apparently this is the least popular of the Ocean installments.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5...actually-sucks

This was actually my favorite of the three. Which one do you like best and why?
Probably the same issue as the last Ghost Busters - don't want any wiminz taking over what the menfolk should be doin'! It's just light entertainment, folks - I haven't seen it yet but I guess I'd better hurry!

Old 07-03-2018, 04:55 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Probably the same issue as the last Ghost Busters - don't want any wiminz taking over what the menfolk should be doin'! It's just light entertainment, folks - I haven't seen it yet but I guess I'd better hurry!
That’s Oceans 8.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:01 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
Wrong movie, wrong forum for your agenda.

For everyone else - stick to the Rat Pack version of the movie.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:40 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Wrong movie, wrong forum for your agenda.

For everyone else - stick to the Rat Pack version of the movie.
Sorry - figured you'd put me on ignore by now - see ya in the funny papers!

Old 07-03-2018, 07:14 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
Sorry - figured you'd put me on ignore by now - see ya in the funny papers!
Nah....Why would I do that?

Old 07-04-2018, 04:01 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,025,687 times
All I remember about it was the "Julia Roberts looks just like Julia Roberts!" thing, which was amusing.

Whereas Oceans 13 I remember nothing about. All three of them were perfectly watchable, just didn't leave a mark on my memory.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:59 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,039,842 times
Quote:
The coopted cultural Marxist Karl Pearson is the ideological father of many in the media & academia propaganda wing of the globalist plantation system.

Suffice to say they have some pretty colorful ideas on "races" & "breeds" & how to experiment & "improve" on them, so no wonder there is resistance to the identity politics being promoted.

Now again as I have said before many times, one of my favorite genres, scifi, too is a reflection of the larger society, but it seems to have a heck of a lot more exceptions (at least relatively) to the mainstream.

Like I said before from the original Star Trek to TNG, DS9 & Voyager; to Xena (which might have been just as popular if not more than the original it was spun off from) & Buffy (again even Angel was at best presented as her martial peer), given what's going on in the decades later, if it was up to the current mainstream, those shows would never have existed. Enterprise ironically which was on a major network (if memory serves me correct) didn't do as well as the reboots that were on the less mainstream networks and/or local stations.

I have though shows like Incorporated, Continuum & Dark Matter had potential but got caught off just as they were developing. There is a lot of media consolidation that is going on now so shows that got saved by switching channels like Bablyon 5 & Buffy might not have that option if they are just a small group of people calling the shots. On the positive there are a lot of shows & series out there & Inhumans had a glimmer of local culture in it, so stuff is being produced outside of the 2 coastal globalist media powers.

Old 07-07-2018, 04:04 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averysgore View Post
All I remember about it was the "Julia Roberts looks just like Julia Roberts!" thing, which was amusing.
Yes, it was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies