U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-07-2018, 05:30 PM
 
Location: not where you are
7,961 posts, read 7,334,210 times
Reputation: 6636

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
This movie made me laugh at moments that were not supposed to be funny, but I didnít expect good dialogue from a MI movie. Still, I enjoyed the laughs in a movie that was painfully long.

The cinematography and action scenes were very well done, of course. I still think these reviews are way overblown.

I saw it this afternoon and couldn't agree more, it was mildly entertaining, but I did doze off for a minute or two. Other movies I saw this summer seemed to breeze by even though they were as long, this I noticed the length of time. Still decent enough movie except, I could really do without all the doey eyed scenes with the Katy Holmes look alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2018, 06:46 PM
 
3,131 posts, read 1,114,650 times
Reputation: 1722
I saw this recently and thought that it was pretty good, however, there still hasn't been a MI movie that has been better than Ghost Protocol. Also, even though I really liked the bathroom fight scene, there was something about this movie what was just... well for lack of a better word... "hectic."

However, I did like it better than Rogue Nation, which was very similar in content to Ghost Protocol. Also, I'm thinking that perhaps the reason why this one is doing so well is because it has Superman and the Black Panther's mom in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Southern Colorado
2,964 posts, read 1,481,218 times
Reputation: 3991
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
I saw this recently and thought that it was pretty good, however, there still hasn't been a MI movie that has been better than Ghost Protocol. Also, even though I really liked the bathroom fight scene, there was something about this movie what was just... well for lack of a better word... "hectic."

However, I did like it better than Rogue Nation, which was very similar in content to Ghost Protocol. Also, I'm thinking that perhaps the reason why this one is doing so well is because it has Superman and the Black Panther's mom in it.
Henry Cavil/Superman likely is good for a few sales. The Black Panther would also be a big draw. His mom though? I doubt that. She looked pretty young to be his mom during a recent interview. Looked older in the movie. Cruise is a smart guy. Getting Superman and possibly paving the way for the Black Panther seems wise. That is assuming that Cruise had anything to do with all that of course. It is said that he gets highly involved though.

Pretty sure it is doing well because its a great action movie and lots of people enjoy that. All the familiarity of Mission Impossible and Tom Cruise help considerably. People like to note their lack of approval of Tom Cruise's beliefs but they sure don't mind scooping up his movie tickets. "No such thing as bad publicity?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 07:28 PM
 
3,131 posts, read 1,114,650 times
Reputation: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Henry Cavil/Superman likely is good for a few sales. The Black Panther would also be a big draw. His mom though? I doubt that. She looked pretty young to be his mom during a recent interview. Looked older in the movie. Cruise is a smart guy. Getting Superman and possibly paving the way for the Black Panther seems wise. That is assuming that Cruise had anything to do with all that of course. It is said that he gets highly involved though.

Pretty sure it is doing well because its a great action movie and lots of people enjoy that. All the familiarity of Mission Impossible and Tom Cruise help considerably. . .
My comments were meant as tongue-in-cheek, and that why I posted those emoticons:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
People like to note their lack of approval of Tom Cruise's beliefs but they sure don't mind scooping up his movie tickets. "No such thing as bad publicity?"
Well, I think that it depends on the bad publicity because some bad publicity are career killers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2018, 07:50 PM
 
Location: not where you are
7,961 posts, read 7,334,210 times
Reputation: 6636
I've liked the MI series for a while, only reason I went to see it, always great action sequences, just too much lovey dovey doey eyed sequences in this movie for me, I'm not a fan of romance movies, so to speak, seems they focused too much on the love theme this time around for my taste, I needed a ladle size spoon to be gagged with. They could have stayed focused on the fight scene and wish the actor from the bathroom fight scene got to stick around, I would have loved to see another battle with that guy. Leave the lady out of it and keep the guy around just store him somewhere for him to escape later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2018, 11:12 PM
 
15,331 posts, read 8,800,335 times
Reputation: 25538
Thoroughly enjoyed this movie today. One of the best movies I've seen so far this year, and definitely one of the best of the entire series (next to the first one).

The movie was involving throughout, multiple twists and turns, and of course fantastic stunts. Really captured the spirit of the original concept, with great location scenery. Lots of heart too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:53 PM
Status: "Merry Christmas" (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Western Colorado
10,699 posts, read 11,791,533 times
Reputation: 24543
Watched this tonight on 4k UHD with my surround sound cranked up. WOW edge of my seat action film. Really enjoyed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top