U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 06:09 PM

7,998 posts, read 7,440,469 times

Advertisements

I happened upon some clips while on youtub. I believe it more than ever the net is spying on us as it came up in my you might be interested group when I hadn't previously searched for a video of the three before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4EmN1bJ93k

the older them of which I'm posting before I even finish watching the entire video. I just thought I would share. Their just getting to the Madonna story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J30G5RaoWNk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 01:03 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,219,745 times
Just saw this yesterday. Was fascinating and disturbing to me, and even more so to my friend I saw it with. She has worked for Department of Family and Children's Services for many years, and it seemed to hit her quite hard.

I must have been really engrossed in my college life when these brothers found each other, as I don't remember anything about it from back then.

Sad that these brothers (and other sets of twins and triplets) were intentionally separated, and even more sad that the research is locked away until 2066. Would be nice if at least some good could come out of it.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:08 PM

385 posts, read 230,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Just saw this yesterday. Was fascinating and disturbing to me, and even more so to my friend I saw it with. She has worked for Department of Family and Children's Services for many years, and it seemed to hit her quite hard.

I must have been really engrossed in my college life when these brothers found each other, as I don't remember anything about it from back then.

Sad that these brothers (and other sets of twins and triplets) were intentionally separated, and even more sad that the research is locked away until 2066. Would be nice if at least some good could come out of it.
I just finished watching it OnDemand. It is absolutely heartbreaking. At the end, when the men were shown the video clip of the psychologist speaking about the adoption placements

Also, it was stated at the end that the university granted the men access to the reasearch records. Iím not sure that answers any questions though since no conclusions were derived from the data.

Edited to add...I had done a forum search for this title and hadnít realized it was in the movies when I replied. It was aired on CNN recently.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:15 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,970,199 times
Yes, we saw it Sunday night on CNN. It was engrossing.
I actually do remember the story (but did not know the later developments) and remember hearing about their restaurant.
It was amazing.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:34 PM

I watched it on CNN too, such a heartbreaking story. Having access to the files, for those involved won't bring them any piece of mind, likely just more anger and pain. The things we as humans inflict upon each other I just haven't the mind to understand the real insanity of it all. Nurture or nature humph, I'd like to ask those professionals what do they think pushed them to such cruel acts.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:24 PM

28,817 posts, read 46,078,960 times
This movie is on demand on my Frontier cable but we say it in the theater several months before
I found it very sad and disturbing
I think from what I remember the Jewish Agency tht facilitated these adoptions and studied the children had a fire and lot of the info was destroyed...probably deliberately to avoid producing anything in court

Old 01-30-2019, 11:19 AM

7,824 posts, read 8,292,365 times
I also just watched it on CNN. I suspect that I know someone who was a subject in this study but was not depicted in the film. There were too many clues in the film for it to be a coincidence.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:35 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,970,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I also just watched it on CNN. I suspect that I know someone who was a subject in this study but was not depicted in the film. There were too many clues in the film for it to be a coincidence.
I can imagine the same. Grew up with quite a few contemporaries who knew they were adopted and I am pretty sure it was from that agency. The wild card is finding out that they were a multiple.... just mind boggling.
With the triplets, if Robert had not gone to the same school as Eddie, who knows when'if they would have ever discovered this.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:48 AM

7,824 posts, read 8,292,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I can imagine the same. Grew up with quite a few contemporaries who knew they were adopted and I am pretty sure it was from that agency. The wild card is finding out that they were a multiple.... just mind boggling.
With the triplets, if Robert had not gone to the same school as Eddie, who knows when'if they would have ever discovered this.
With the person that I was thinking about, she had found her twin about 20 years ago and both were adopted. Both suffer from the same mental illness. This is one of the clues that made me suspicious that she was adopted from that agency. I'm wondering if they deliberately studied children who had a biological parent with a mental health problem From the film, the triplets mentioned that when they met their mother, she was drinking a lot and the filmmaker twins also had gotten a letter stating that their biological mother had a mental health problem, like them.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
With the person that I was thinking about, she had found her twin about 20 years ago and both were adopted. Both suffer from the same mental illness. This is one of the clues that made me suspicious that she was adopted from that agency. I'm wondering if they deliberately studied children who had a biological parent with a mental health problem From the film, the triplets mentioned that when they met their mother, she was drinking a lot and the filmmaker twins also had gotten a letter stating that their biological mother had a mental health problem, like them.

From what I recall of the film, mental illness of the parents did play a big part of the picking participants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or