U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 01:25 PM

12,811 posts, read 14,931,633 times

Advertisements

It used to be cool; now it's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 03:01 PM

32,678 posts, read 9,656,657 times
They're too busy drinking alcohol; that must be "cool."

Old 07-31-2018, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 132 times
Hi everyone here.
Maybe it's not the right thread for my question. But I don't have much time to search for the right place.
Hope someone would be of help here.
I want to buy my friend a Juul. She's having her BIrthday tomorrow.
She's a smoker and vaper. She told me something about Juuls, but I don't remember good enough to buy exactly what she wants. Can someone help?
I was reading the review article [url]https://vapingdaily.com/best-electronic-cigarettes/juul-electronic-cigarettes-review/[/url]
Would be grateful for any help.
Thanks

Old 07-31-2018, 11:03 AM

7,127 posts, read 12,602,456 times
Had a friend in high school days who tried to get his dad to quit smoking. Kept mixing black powder (gun powder) in the ashes in his ash tray. Put a lit cigarette down and WHOOSH!! Smoke and sparks everywhere. Coffee table had burn holes in it. My friend's butt got burned a few times over it too! Dad never quit

Old 07-31-2018, 01:43 PM

7,943 posts, read 1,981,586 times
IF smoking was really as dangerous as they claim, they would enact very tough laws and regulations on its distribution and sale.

Nicotine is a drug, the DEA has jurisdiction over this, we all see how the DEA cracked down on opioid prescription drugs a few years back, when they started becoming a problem, they enacted VERY tough laws VERY quickly, its now almost impossible to have a doctor give you one of these drugs...point is, they targeted access to the drugs first, made them as tough to obtain as possible. they claim this was done to protect public health and safety.

***Also notice the DEA did not take the pharma industry into consideration before they enacted these tough new laws, the same would be true for the tobacco companies, if a product is THAT dangerous, the viability of the manufacturer/ industry is not a factor.

Ive yet to see any store scared to sell cigarettes due to the DEA or ATF raiding them and shutting them down.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:46 PM

7,943 posts, read 1,981,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
It used to be cool; now it's not.
Its still the cool thing to do for quite a few. If this wasnt the case, we would see the tobacco industry barely staying afloat, or they would be in bankruptcy. Reality is the exact opposite though, all the tobacco companies are doing great today. RJ Reynolds stock price is the highest its ever been right now...that means business is good.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:48 PM

11,206 posts, read 13,875,754 times
In some circles, smoking is always cool.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:55 AM

26,151 posts, read 15,031,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its still the cool thing to do for quite a few. If this wasnt the case, we would see the tobacco industry barely staying afloat, or they would be in bankruptcy. Reality is the exact opposite though, all the tobacco companies are doing great today. RJ Reynolds stock price is the highest its ever been right now...that means business is good.
RJ Reynolds isn't its own company it is owned by British American Tobacco trading under BATS. And it isn't the "highest its ever been right now". In fact, it is 1,000p down from it's 52 week high... https://www.marketwatch.com/investin...countrycode=UK

Old 08-02-2018, 04:58 AM

12,258 posts, read 5,924,340 times
Several characters smoke in 'Shameless'. Lip is a chronic smoker, Fiona just has occasional cigs, and other characters are seen smoking fairly often.

For TV, perhaps a big part of it is difference between regular broadcast and cable shows.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:32 AM

25,860 posts, read 23,800,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I know well what your talking about as had MCS a chemical illness since I was 17 working in a photo litho with chemicals..it all started with a growth in my right eye which would feel alive if I can explain it right, as if it was moving, doctors gave me drops and creams nothing worked, then I noticed how unwell I was becoming working developing plates for printing machines and using a flare style camera with no protection for my eyes. in fact all I had was rubber gloved for putting the plates in and out of deep narrow baths full of chemicals.... Ive been ill ever since and Im 71 now.. the symptoms of this illness are horrible, too many to go into and theirs no cure.... now I cant be near perfumes, household cleaners.. air fresheners, diesel petrol, turps. anything in fact petro chemical based so yes your right and working in a hairdressers is very hazardous.. my daughters own hairdresser aged 25 is dying on cancer, which type I dont know but its in her brain now and dont know if she is still alive... Its a shame all the different things around us harming us daily.... Im a volunteer support for Allergy UK to talk on the phone and try to help sufferers of MCS. but its really quite hopeless as their looking for cures and none out there . all I can do is tell them all what to avoid and alternative cleaning and personal products to use....even looking at the back of most cleaners, you ll notice formadehyde.. the embalming fluid.. it might not be under that name might be another name but the same thing.... its not needed in dish washing liquid, makeup or face creams but it is in some...along with other hazardous junk we dont need... if its not paraben sulphate and phthalate free dont use it............. https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/.../formaldehyde/ However my mother was a heavy smoker most of her life since 15... a very heavy smoker who worked to smoke if that makes sense.. she stopped ten years before she died as she had heart problems but then died in 99 of lung cancer.. what annoyed me was that I had two kids with asthma and allergies and I would try and tell her and relatives not to smoke in my house but they just laughed saying OH another non smoker as if it was funny. even when I tried to tell her about Jim my eldest sons being so ill with asthma... it didnt register with the smokers at all.. sadly, but she then stopped for her own health....... funny old world isnt it, but I hate smoking , would never allow it in my home now and wish I had never let visitors sit blowing their blue fumes around my children.. rant over hahaha. Ive said it all ...........think. just noticed you mention the graveyard and yes your oh so right too... many people dont realize this, in fact many people dont realize that household stuff like plug in air fresheners, fabric conditioner , bug sprays, and all their toiletries including soap. shampoo makeup are making them ill... not forgetting your hair dyes.. jeezo I could go on here forever.. There are loads of things we can do to clean up our act and get as many chemicals as possible out of our lives.. as once it gets into your liver it stays...

Do you know that people are paid by different activists to write bogus articles about these issues...just to push agendas?

I watched a show that did that....

See when people become ridden with greed and all they think about is making money, instead of mankind and preserving the earth for the next generation, they create diversions....and start blaming something like cigs....

Generally people are annoyed by smokers...and honestly, the smell is annoying...which is why I quit, got tired of smelling like a dirty ashtray.

Anyway, I'm sorry your children have asthma, my grand daughter has it to...but my goofy ex daughter in law, doesn't do anything to help it, but that's another story...

Anyway, my mother had a lung disease and to be honest, I'm glad that restaurants and a lot of bars no longer allow for that very reason...(I so wish they'd do the same thing with Cells) After working a long week, you want to take your family out for a nice relaxing dinner, the last thing, you need is someone sitting next to you chain smoking. As a smoker at one time, if someone asked me to please put my cig out, I would, b/c I do know how annoying it is....also, when ever we were on the beach, instead of throwing those butts around, we'd put them out an put them in the cig pack....but you have many smokers that refuse to consider others...and if it hadn't been for my mother, maybe I wouldn't have either?

But on the other hand, you also have ol bitty's who for whatever reason, annoys them b/c you smoke, not that the smoke annoys them, and fought to outlaw it....

But, I really wish people would seriously think about all the cancer causing agents around them, before jumping off the deep end, actually believing that 2nd hand smoke can do the damage to our bodies, like these other chemicals we are injecting can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or