U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2018, 04:26 AM
 
25,469 posts, read 23,295,635 times
Reputation: 15333

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
There is huge discrimination against smokers today.
yes, there is, and you can thank the liberal Media for that...for years, all they talked about was smoking and cancer, then got on a stint of 2nd hand smoke causes cancer, how stupid can someone be? I could understand if someone were in a house 24/7 maybe but no way. There are so many chemicals in foods, our drinking water, sodas, etc...it really grinds me, how people actually think they can tell you what to eat and drink...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2018, 04:28 AM
 
25,469 posts, read 23,295,635 times
Reputation: 15333
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Pity it didnt happen long ago when it was the poor passive smokers who had to suffer and no one would listen..
you have taken in more cancer causing agents into your system from everything else out there than you have smoke from cigs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2018, 04:35 AM
 
25,469 posts, read 23,295,635 times
Reputation: 15333
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Everything is bad for us (or someone), if you want to break it down... I mean, we can't even have peanuts on airplanes anymore! Meanwhile, I still get assaulted by flowers at the entrance to every grocery store. That gives ME an allergy/asthma attack, but apparently I'm not as important as those who can't handle peanuts or smoke. Selective concern, to say the least.
Yes, it certainly is selective....I don't care if someone is smoking outside, to walk past them certainly isn't going to eventually kill me....and how long do people want to live anyway? People can walk away if they don't care for the smell, but to exaggerate the effects to push an agenda, is so totally wrong.

I'm sorry you have asthma, my grand daughter has it as well....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2018, 07:10 AM
 
27,535 posts, read 44,999,258 times
Reputation: 14064
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, there is, and you can thank the liberal Media for that...for years, all they talked about was smoking and cancer, then got on a stint of 2nd hand smoke causes cancer, how stupid can someone be? I could understand if someone were in a house 24/7 maybe but no way. There are so many chemicals in foods, our drinking water, sodas, etc...it really grinds me, how people actually think they can tell you what to eat and drink...
You don't think Conservatives have stopped smoking because they know the risks of cancer for cigarette smokers, breathing issues for those (especially children) around second-hand smoke, and the dangers of even vaping apparently???

You can still smoke if you are stupid enough to do that
You can eat arsenic if you want to

probably you don't feel the need for laws to limit speeds either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2018, 07:16 AM
 
27,535 posts, read 44,999,258 times
Reputation: 14064
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you have taken in more cancer causing agents into your system from everything else out there than you have smoke from cigs...
I know two people who had lung cancer and were life-long smokers
My mom died from congestive heart failure and enphesema and she smoked since she was 15--unfiltered Chesterfields--even when she was in the nursing home on oxygen, she had to have her nicotine fix and would roll out to the smoking area...
She had 8 brothers and sisters--they all smoked except one sister (the oldest) who lived to over 90
The others died younger--one in her 50s--because of heart/lung conditions caused by smoking

The tobacco industry is as bad or worse than the gangs slinging any unapproved drug that is available
Worse because they were able to lie to the public and government allowed them to get away with their lies for decades...
Just because tobacco has been around much longer than manufactured addictive drugs doesn't make it more benign...
Nicotine is one of the most addictive chemicals around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2018, 07:18 AM
 
25,469 posts, read 23,295,635 times
Reputation: 15333
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
You don't think Conservatives have stopped smoking because they know the risks of cancer for cigarette smokers, breathing issues for those (especially children) around second-hand smoke, and the dangers of even vaping apparently???

You can still smoke if you are stupid enough to do that
You can eat arsenic if you want to

probably you don't feel the need for laws to limit speeds either
well actually I am all for laws against speeding but most everyone does it anyway, don't they...risking the lives of so many others?

2nd hand smoke doesn't cause cancers.....and yes, smoking isn't good for you, I've said that, however, not to the extent that they would have you fear it....and that is up to us and them, our decision. I'm actually glad they've stopped it in restaurants, and inside buildings. I've lost friends to lung cancers, my mother had a lung disease, and none of them ever smoked....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2018, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,521 posts, read 11,505,888 times
Reputation: 21008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
because for many years the left has been trying to completely do away with smoking...and Hollywood is more or less owned by the left, therefore, no smoking in any kind of show, movies, ads, etc....they refuse to promote it....

smoking isn't good for anyone, but the lengths that they've gone to is crazy....

they only care about their rights, and not the rights of others....

I refuse, and never will believe that 2nd hand smoke can cause cancer, unless your penned up with it, day in and day out....but to smell it on a beach, in public, from the car in front of you, no sir, it doesn't cause cancer.
please read more and get a grip.... many people die from passive smoking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2018, 07:29 AM
 
25,469 posts, read 23,295,635 times
Reputation: 15333
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I know two people who had lung cancer and were life-long smokers
My mom died from congestive heart failure and enphesema and she smoked since she was 15--unfiltered Chesterfields--even when she was in the nursing home on oxygen, she had to have her nicotine fix and would roll out to the smoking area...
She had 8 brothers and sisters--they all smoked except one sister (the oldest) who lived to over 90
The others died younger--one in her 50s--because of heart/lung conditions caused by smoking

The tobacco industry is as bad or worse than the gangs slinging any unapproved drug that is available
Worse because they were able to lie to the public and government allowed them to get away with their lies for decades...
Just because tobacco has been around much longer than manufactured addictive drugs doesn't make it more benign...
Nicotine is one of the most addictive chemicals around
I'm very sorry you lost relatives from lung and heart failures....

I smoked to, for a good part of my life, no more...got tired of smelling like a dirty ashtray...but I'm 70 soon, and I am ready anytime God says I'm ready. Lived a good life...but in a lot of pain now...so, whenever, don't want to live to be 92 like my mother and have my independence slowly chipped away each year...however, it's out of my hands.

My neighbor is 82 and she never smoked, but is dealing with cancer, no one can really tell. My one girlfriend, who passed away from lung cancer, always said she never smoked and was never around anyone who smoked, but she worked in a hair salon for years. We think it was all the chemicals she was breathing in. Hard to tell, but think of nail salons, and those poor people breathing all those chemicals in?

My girlfriend told me, that we all live with the cancer in our systems, and all it takes is a bad cold to bring it out. They went to Florida, she caught a cold, it settled in her lungs, and a year later she was gone. Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2018, 07:33 AM
 
25,469 posts, read 23,295,635 times
Reputation: 15333
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Very few people I know in real life are smokers--I'd need less than one hand to count them.
I believe only one person I know smokes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2018, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
21,059 posts, read 15,248,216 times
Reputation: 11774
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Well I'm going by what I see and it seems more than 20% when people are outdoors on the street and all. The last time I saw it was in Skyfall, and I was so surprised, a character who actually smokes, we haven't seen this in who knows how long! But that is just my experience and from what I see.
Watch “C.B. Strike” on Cinemax. He smokes constantly.
Also, the lead detective in “Hidden” on AcornTV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top