Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 05:10 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,614,820 times

Advertisements

Fallout *might* be it. You can't get more high-profile than that. Christopher Robin couldn't even make a dent in it. Now with The Meg having a surprisingly good opening, Disney can add another body to its box-office-flop bonfire. Robin's first 12 days have been pitiful.

Time for the Disney dorks to rethink their "we can release anything, anytime, and conquer the box office" philosophy. Those are some truly epic drops: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...rytale2017.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 05:23 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Fallout *might* be it. You can't get more high-profile than that.
Yes you can. You can be Tom Cruise.

Cavill is not the star of the movie. Quite honestly I'd forgotten he was even in it till you brought it up, and I've seen the trailer every time I've been to the theater for the past two months.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yes you can. You can be Tom Cruise.

Cavill is not the star of the movie. Quite honestly I'd forgotten he was even in it till you brought it up, and I've seen the trailer every time I've been to the theater for the past two months.
I meant the movie, silly.

You forgot because 1) you haven't seen it; 2) you're old.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I meant the movie, silly.
Sorry. I thought you were saying that MI:F would be a breakout role for Cavill. I don't think it will.

Quote:
You forgot because 1) you haven't seen it; 2) you're old.
Guilty on both counts.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Sorry. I thought you were saying that MI:F would be a breakout role for Cavill. I don't think it will.
It will certainly elevate his profile, which doesn't have to match Cruise's in order for him to land some good roles.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
It will certainly elevate his profile, which doesn't have to match Cruise's in order for him to land some good roles.
No doubt.

But you were wondering why Cavill isn't getting the roles or attention Gadot is. I was just pointing out that there is a good reason for it. They call them "breakout" roles for a reason. Cavill hasn't had his yet. Gadot has.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:59 PM

Gadot had a breakout role, and she also had some sizeable screen time as "Gisele" in the Fast/Furious franchise.

But that doesn't have to preclude Cavill from getting more work, anyway. Sounds like his agent is buttering the right kind of bread.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:25 PM

17,543 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Typical audience reaction:

"Starring Tom Cruise, that funny guy from Shawn of the Dead, and a very beautiful actress."

"And Superman. Don't forget the guy who played Superman is also in it!"

"Who?"

"Henry Cavill. The latest actor who played Superman. You know ... Batman vs. Superman? Justice League?"

"Yeah, those sucked. But I thought that guy looked familiar!"

---

And that is why Cavill isn't getting the recognition Gal Gadot is. He's been good in some good movies. But a true "breakout" role like Gal had in WONDER WOMAN or Stallone had in ROCKY or Ahnuld had in THE TERMINATOR or Harrison Ford has in STAR WARS or Russell Crowe had in L.A. CONFIDENTIAL or Willis had in DIE HARD? That role has yet to come Cavill's way. I know he was hoping Superman would be it, but the scripts betrayed him.
Wow, I detect something here.

Anger?

Jealousy?

Silliness?

I can't tell, but lighten up a little

Old 08-17-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Wow, I detect something here.

Anger?

Jealousy?

Silliness?
Disappointment.

Heck hath no fury like a fan disappointed.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:50 PM

47 posts, read 18,161 times
Quote:
Disappointment.

Hell hath no fury like a fan disappointed.
Um, fixed that for ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies