U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 08:13 PM

2,979 posts, read 970,099 times

Advertisements

It's one of those movies that so many people really think is the best one in the series, and really like, and I don't understand why, as I thought it was the least best, but haven't seen the new one.

Basically I just felt it was a routine sequel back when it came out, and felt it was the most routine of the series, as if they just wanted to make another Mission: Impossible movie, rather than making a good Mission: Impossible movie. I gave it another chance recently, and my opinion is still the same.

The action scenes in Dubai were really good, but I felt the villain was the weakest of the whole series by far, not really explaining much of who this person is, and he hardly had any scenes to get a feel for his character. He was just on screen when absolutely needed for plot, rather than character development.

I also felt that the backstory with Ethan Hunt's wife was a real dud, that lead to a dud ending, that left me feeling the whole movie was pretty much underwhelming compared to the others.

So I don't understand why this is considered to be the best one as I felt it was pretty the worst. Not an aweful movie, just an average routine sequel, compared to the others.

It would be like people saying that say... Octopussy is the best James Bond movie, and I would think really?? Most people like that one the best?? But why is it that most people like this one the best out of curiosity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 02:17 AM

11,625 posts, read 5,465,637 times
You'll just argue with the answers. You have different tastes than the majority of movie watchers. Which is totally fine, but no one can ever explain these things to your satisfaction, because all these opinions are subjective.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:47 AM

11,625 posts, read 5,465,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
It's one of those movies that so many people really think is the best one in the series, and really like, and I don't understand why, as I thought it was the least best, but haven't seen the new one.

Basically I just felt it was a routine sequel ...as if they just wanted to make another Mission: Impossible movie, rather than making a good Mission: Impossible movie.
This is how I feel about all of them.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:35 PM

3,131 posts, read 1,085,074 times
Hmmm. What wasn't there to like? But I agree with jencam that it's a matter of personal taste and you didn't like the movie because you didn't like it. However, this was the first Mission Impossible movie that I actually liked because I had thought that all the other ones before it were mediocre. But this one just had something special to it. Plus, everything from the skyscraper in Dubai, to the sand storm, and to the spinning fan thing that Jeremy Renner had to get through were just fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or