U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 07:26 PM

27,498 posts, read 44,973,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysgore View Post
Probably because most of the Klan aren't the brightest bulbs in the room.
If you saw the movie you know why it worked and for how long...

The good guys made some stupid mistakes that for an undercover, "police intelligence" squad seemed about as stupid as any Klansman...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 08:23 PM

11,796 posts, read 9,715,656 times
A great story with great acting, and yes, very timely. From a filmmaking perspective, I just wish Spike would've matured into more subtlety by now rather than hitting his audience over the head with his point-making (we're intelligent enough to connect the dots).
Spoiler
..so I didn't care for all the Charlottesville footage at the end.
Still, one of his best movies in years and highly recommended.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:28 PM

13,375 posts, read 7,135,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
A great story with great acting, and yes, very timely. From a filmmaking perspective, I just wish Spike would've matured into more subtlety by now rather than hitting his audience over the head with his point-making (we're intelligent enough to connect the dots).
Spoiler
..so I didn't care for all the Charlottesville footage at the end.
Still, one of his best movies in years and highly recommended.
Well, I think it's all too easy for folks to view this movie in a purely historical light so yes, it forced one to examine things more deeply without the comfort of time as an emotional distancer.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:15 PM

4,807 posts, read 1,360,040 times
Thought I'd add in this article:

Spike Lee Takes on the Klan
In “BlacKkKlansman,” Mr. Lee uses the true story of a black police officer infiltrating the Ku Klux Klan in Colorado in the 1970s to once again grapple with American racial terrorism

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/02/m...kklansman.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies