Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 09:34 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,069,372 times

Advertisements

Oh okay, but when come to just being brought to the killer of the border patrol guards' leader's parents, how is the border patrol more effected by this parents being murdered issue, compared to the royal guard members?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 09:46 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh okay, but when come to just being brought to the killer of the border patrol guards' leader's parents, how is the border patrol more effected by this parents being murdered issue, compared to the royal guard members?
Because he, the border tribe leader, took it personally. For the royal guard force, even if their leader may have been part of the border tribe by birth, the killer was just a criminal, he was not the killer of her immediate family members.

The other members of all the tribes in the fight just followed the orders of their leaders. When General Okoye saw the loophole of T'Challa is still alive and did not surrender and flipped sides the rest of the guard followed her lead/orders and flipped sides to who she interpreted as the true King

Old 04-30-2019, 10:36 PM

Oh okay, so all the rest were just following orders then?

Old 05-01-2019, 08:32 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Seeing it for the first time in the theater was really good, but it does not have great replay value. I don’t think it is Oscar worthy, but just like Captain Marvel, people over-accentuate the negative aspects of the movie to counterbalance the positive accolades it received. If the movie hadn’t received so much hype, people wouldn’t be saying much negative about it. It would be a typical comic book/ superhero movie, which all have plot holes, unrealistic/ inconsistent scenes. The criticisms brought up for this movie are no different.

I would definitely not say it is Oscar worthy, but I did love the action scenes when Black Panther was in costume and flying around. BP (not T’Challa) is one of the more exciting characters when he is in action. T’Challa is not as compelling to me. Did like Kilmonger (although I am white, it seems like a lot of blacks had a problem with his portrayal), and liked Shuri and Okoye (seemed like they played their character roles most naturally/believably and have a good presence in the MCU). The good outweighed the bad for me, and while not great, there are a lot of MCU films I rank it above.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:59 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,860,068 times
It was also established earlier in the movie that W'Kabi was in favor of Wakanda actively using its military strength outside of the country.

This scene between Okoye and W'Kabi makes explicit his motivations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MnKxVC7kEA

Old 05-01-2019, 05:24 PM

Oh okay, I was just wondering why every one else turned besides him. I mean as far as following orders, go, they were illegal orders, so they would still have to have some sort of personal investment I thought.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Oh okay, I was just wondering why every one else turned besides him. I mean as far as following orders, go, they were illegal orders, so they would still have to have some sort of personal investment I thought.
Illegal according to who? They are a monarchy which awards leadership by trail of ritual combat. Killmonger did "win" but by the fluke of supernatural technology didn't win because he didn't hunt down the body and take off the head. On the other hand T'Challa got aid from outsiders during the ritual combat.

We don't know enough about the Wakandan system to say a parliamentary body gets to override the king. By all we have seen a small advisory council, which might be by chosen heredity and ritual combat like the throne, does not have that power

Old 05-02-2019, 06:37 AM

Oh I mean that the King showed up and was not really dead, so doesn't that put Killmonger out of his position, and that any orders he gives therefore is illegal, cause he failed to kill Black Panther? Or what are the rules in this monarchy?

Old 05-02-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Oh I mean that the King showed up and was not really dead, so doesn't that put Killmonger out of his position, and that any orders he gives therefore is illegal, cause he failed to kill Black Panther? Or what are the rules in this monarchy?
Thus the fight between the royal guard and the border guarding tribe over the results of the ritual combat. They both claimed they were right. The rules are whatever the director/current comic book writer decides the rules are.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:52 PM

Oh yeah for sure, I am just surprised that one side one job title, all took one side, and one side in the other job title all took the other, instead of having some mix and matches, that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies