Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 11:52 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,372,565 times

Advertisements

Remake "The Running Man" to follow the storyline in the book. The movie version was fun, but the month-long, nationwide chase in the book was a lot more compelling and exciting.

Remake "Metropolis". The age-old tale of star-crossed lovers set against a worker's revolt is a great story, and I think there's a pretty relevant and compelling story to be told about how Rotwang uses the image of Maria in robot form to control and inspire the worker's revolt.

Remake "South Pacific", except not as a musical. Follow the story line of the book a little more closely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 12:17 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times
Many of the 70s sci-fis:

Soylent green is one I can think of...

Old 06-04-2008, 12:46 PM

898 posts, read 2,895,728 times
I would love to see a re-make of Cannonball Run. remember how cannonball 1 and 2 had famous celebs? well, its time for a new one with celebs that are big now.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:00 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
I would love to see a re-make of Cannonball Run. remember how cannonball 1 and 2 had famous celebs? well, its time for a new one with celebs that are big now.
as far as good movies go, this sounds horrible. however, as far as summer fun popcorn movies, or a sexy comedy using...people like jessica simpson, or whoever else gets roles in dumb movies because of their looks, i can see this being greenlighted, and being somewhat successful.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:42 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,592,603 times
Which ones are left that haven't already been remade? It seems like most of the good ones have been remade, but the remakes aren't as good as the originals in most cases. Basically, they just take the old movie, add new actors, some foul language, and a couple sex scenes, and release it to an unsuspecting public. I have yet to see anything that has really surpassed the original.

They've also remade most of the old TV shows I used to watch. One movie I actually liked that was based on a TV show was "The Beverly Hillbillies." They still used the same formula as above, but managed to make it entertaining, at least in my opinion.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:23 AM

1,217 posts, read 4,033,769 times
Deep Throat.

Can you imagine with today's technology? I've never seen it; only heard stories.

lol

Old 06-06-2008, 04:06 AM

12 posts, read 11,969 times
Passion of the Christ, but this time Jesus doesn't get crucified, but instead he turns the Sanhedrin into stone and then shoots lightening bolts at the Romans and stuff. Also, give him a cape, and maybe even a phaser rifle.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:56 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,032,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
"Meteor" I kept hoping the dang thing would hit and kill all the actors and wipe out the studio.
There was a better miniseries, in the same decade, starring Richard Crenna and a bunch of other tv dramatists: "Fire in the Sky" (comet instead of meteor) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077553/
What we know from space science today, the impact would have been more than the relatively low-impact *piff* that rock made. The film showed people evacuated just a few miles from town who were left unscathed.

Quote:
ALL the Irwin Allen disaster films
"The Poseidon Adventure" was remade. Didn't help The special fx were much better, but still lent their own hilarity. When the ship got tipped by the rogue wave, and the folks in the hot tubs and pools literally rode out on a wash, there was a lot of laughing in the audience. However, somehow it seemed appropriate for Kurt Russell to, basically, reprise the Shelley Winters part

Old 06-07-2008, 11:33 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,417,453 times
None, absolutely none. I realize they're easy to do but that doesn't mean they need to be done.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:57 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,451,864 times
Has anybody ever watched a remake that was better than the original?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies