Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:25 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times

Advertisements

there's been too many remakes in the past 4 years, and most of them sucked! same with sequels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 01:43 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
I would like to see some more musical remakes like Hairspray.
Some of those old movies are so great. But I guess not everyone can dance like Danny Kay anymore etc.

I would really love to see "The Neverending Story" done again with some minimal digital here and theres.

I would also like to see a re-make of "the last unicorn". It was a cartoon but same deal.

I would love to see a live action of "ninja scroll"

Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
for real though. dont just pull something like Star Wars outta your ass. really think about it. and explain your answer, please. it should be something at least twenty years old, shouldnt it. i would also think the original should have been either not good, or not successful. this is just my logic - but pick anything you want. having said that, i nominate:

The Day After - Jason Robards, Steve Gutenberg, John Lithgow - 1983
contravercial ABC made for TV movie, which depicted the lead up to and aftermath of a nuclear war between the United States and the Soviet Union.

what's bad about it: most of the acting. this was a made for tv movie, and it shows. after-school special level of acting and dialogue.

the music score is attrocious: think Waltons/Little House on the Prarie fusion.

in some ways, the movie was very unrealistic. well only in one way that really stands out - being the number and location of survivors. okay, the movie is set in and around Kansas City, Mo and Lawrence, Kansas. the significance being that the movie is set in areas that are in and around Whitman Air Force Base, one of five Minute Man missile fields (missile silos spread all over the middle of Missouri). so very few, if any of those people would have survived. we're talking blast damage to most of the area. so they might want to diversify their settings.

what's good about it: the lead up to the conflict was very realistic, and very true to the nature of the cold war at the time in question.

in todays world where we are in fear of terrorism and threats to our security by small nations, this would bring some perspective on where we are now vs. then.

it is set in the 80's, which seems like the new 60's as far as time peices go.

if done properly, i think it could be a powerful film and not just a contravercial but rather crappy tv movie.
If you want a good movie that depicts nuclear war and the after effects, check out the British docudrama 'Threads'. I have to say that is truly the most horrifying film I have ever seen. Makes 'The Day After' seem like a Disney flick!!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I've heard rumors that their going to remake Grease with an all-black cast. I'm hoping they don't because that is one of my all-time movies and I just know they will ruin it if they try to remake it.
Exactly how would an-all Black cast ruin Grease?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
I would like to see them remake "The Daring Dobermans"!

Old 09-04-2008, 09:10 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times
They should remake Citizen Kane with bombastic surround sound and a scene in which Orson Welles outruns an explosion.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Anyone here old enough to remember Nick and Nora and their dog Asta? It was a great who dunnit team with a sense of humor.

Cary Grant 1957: An Affair To Remember. To remake this classic it will take actors with extrordinary carriage, class and grace who have an intense chemistry. I don't think it can be done.

Did William Powell, Myrna Loy, Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr outrun any explosions in their pictures?

Old 09-04-2008, 09:16 AM

They should remake The Hustler with Jackie Gleason outrunning an explosion.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:19 AM

They should remake Sunset Blvd. with Gloria Swanson and Erich von Stroheim outrunning an explosion.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:22 AM

They should remake White Heat but instead of James Cagney being killed in the explosion he outruns it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies