U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-30-2008, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Drury Lane
808 posts, read 1,919,032 times
Reputation: 235

Advertisements

Frank Miller is writing a follow up graphic novel/comic book to his interpretation of the Battle of Thermopylae in 300. There's a possibility Warner will pick it up and turn it into a prequel/sequel.

What are your ideas on what a plot for this might look like? Remember, Gerard Butler can't play a role in a sequel because his character dies.

I'm posting this in the History forum too which should provide a different, but equally interesting, discussion.

Let's hear your story ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 AM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,980 posts, read 19,749,851 times
Reputation: 10491
Its actually a prequel not a sequel. Some people are calling it that because they are just used to saying "sequel".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 12:16 AM
 
Location: Beaumont, Texas
539 posts, read 1,265,873 times
Reputation: 278
Really ? It would seem a bit anti-climatic. Maybe something on Hannibal or Constansine or Pippin/Charlemagne instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 02:13 AM
Status: "still digging out..." (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: Chicago
5,595 posts, read 9,313,755 times
Reputation: 6057
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Its actually a prequel not a sequel. Some people are calling it that because they are just used to saying "sequel".
aw, you've dashed my hopes! I was looking forward to something like 300 II: Return From Hades, and seeing some undead Spartan zombies mixed into the story line that would have been wicked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 03:17 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,532 posts, read 10,893,543 times
Reputation: 1540
Originally Posted by eevee
Quote:
aw, you've dashed my hopes! I was looking forward to something like 300 II: Return From Hades, and seeing some undead Spartan zombies mixed into the story line that would have been wicked!
I'm sure it would but I'm kinda tired of the zombie craze.
Besidez, I completely trust Frank Miller's storytelling ability.
I mean let's be honest, the entire Sin City series is just a rehashing of the original story.
But they still rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 09:32 AM
 
1,263 posts, read 2,798,403 times
Reputation: 569
They can prequel or sequel what ever they'd like as long as the "Visuals" are good


*HINT*



Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
Frank Miller is writing a follow up graphic novel/comic book to his interpretation of the Battle of Thermopylae in 300. There's a possibility Warner will pick it up and turn it into a prequel/sequel.

What are your ideas on what a plot for this might look like? Remember, Gerard Butler can't play a role in a sequel because his character dies.

I'm posting this in the History forum too which should provide a different, but equally interesting, discussion.

Let's hear your story ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Status: "Think spring!" (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: Midcoast Maine
4,924 posts, read 7,749,754 times
Reputation: 3228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
They can prequel or sequel what ever they'd like as long as the "Visuals" are good


*HINT*
You got that right! As a woman, it was truly refreshing to have so much man candy to gawk at throughout a movie. YUM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
 
Location: St. Augustine
9,265 posts, read 12,333,344 times
Reputation: 7474
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
You got that right! As a woman, it was truly refreshing to have so much man candy to gawk at throughout a movie. YUM!
In reality Spartans were rather weird looking----dreadlocks and long Amish farmer beards with shaved upper lip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Status: "Think spring!" (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: Midcoast Maine
4,924 posts, read 7,749,754 times
Reputation: 3228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
In reality Spartans were rather weird looking----dreadlocks and long Amish farmer beards with shaved upper lip.
Ahhh, the magic of movies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2008, 08:59 AM
 
1,263 posts, read 2,798,403 times
Reputation: 569
Touche!! :d


Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
you got that right! As a woman, it was truly refreshing to have so much man candy to gawk at throughout a movie. Yum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:10 AM.

© 2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top