U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-12-2008, 09:21 AM
 
1,130 posts, read 1,840,892 times
Reputation: 548

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
There was one I remember about Gargoyles. It was black and white and I remember the gargoyle tearing open the roof of the getaway car. That scared me a lot.

And I realize I was a teenager but Halloween gave me nightmares for weeks after I watched it as a kid and I still can't hear the music or watch it now. Michael Myers creeps me out!!!!

As a kid growing up in (scary) Berkeley, I used to sneak into movies that were playing at the Rialto (they also played Retrospectives-Groucho, etc.). One day, I snuck in to see a double feature. The two movies? Carrie and Halloween! I, too, had nightmares for many nights after!

and trip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-12-2008, 09:29 AM
 
536 posts, read 706,753 times
Reputation: 565
The Tingler i was maybe 7 or 8 (good argument for movie ratings) and went with my 9 year old brother. he said he was going to the bathroom and never came back. i watched the whole scarey movie myself and had to walk home in the dark alone. had nightmares for a week. he has never seen the movie and i think i'm going to online and get it for him for Christmas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 AM
 
1,130 posts, read 1,840,892 times
Reputation: 548
Talking Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shymonkey View Post
The Tingler i was maybe 7 or 8 (good argument for movie ratings) and went with my 9 year old brother. he said he was going to the bathroom and never came back. i watched the whole scarey movie myself and had to walk home in the dark alone. had nightmares for a week. he has never seen the movie and i think i'm going to online and get it for him for Christmas




That cracked me up! Won't he be delighted and surprised!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2008, 10:00 AM
 
13,025 posts, read 24,514,609 times
Reputation: 11335
A couple come to mind from the early 70's (Both in 1974) when i was an Itty Bitty 6/3 or 3/3.

Fiirst is ''Grave of the Vampire'' about a Gruesome Vampire who gets a girl pregnant in the Graveyard and then the mother feeds it's baby blood in an baby bottle while it's a baby and then it grows up and at the end of the movie it kills it's evil gruesome father.

Grave of the Vampire Trailer 3.25 min.

YouTube - Grave of the Vampire trailer


Second movie is ''It's Alive'' about the baby born deformed with Claws and Fangs and it killed everyone on the Hospital delivery room and anyone in the movie it comes in contact with except the Mother, Father and it's Siblings. There were 3 movies of it.

Its Alive Trailer 36 sec.

YouTube - It's Alive 2 - It Lives Again Theatrical Trailer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2008, 10:04 AM
 
1,130 posts, read 1,840,892 times
Reputation: 548
Question Trauma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
A couple come to mind from the early 70's (Both in 1974) when i was an Itty Bitty 6/3 or 3/3.

Fiirst is ''Grave of the Vampire'' about a Gruesome Vampire who gets a girl pregnant in the Graveyard and then the mother feeds it's baby blood in an baby bottle while it's a baby and then it grows up and at the end of the movie it kills it's evil gruesome father.

Grave of the Vampire Trailer 3.25 min.

YouTube - Grave of the Vampire trailer


Second movie is ''It's Alive'' about the baby born deformed with Claws and Fangs and it killed everyone on the Hospital delivery room and anyone in the movie it comes in contact with except the Mother, Father and it's Siblings. There were 3 movies of it.

Its Alive Trailer 36 sec.

YouTube - It's Alive 2 - It Lives Again Theatrical Trailer




How did you survive it 6/3? P.S. 3/3, that was too cute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2008, 10:10 AM
 
13,025 posts, read 24,514,609 times
Reputation: 11335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadybug View Post
How did you survive it 6/3? P.S. 3/3, that was too cute!
It must have been knowing that Captain Kangaroo was on tv back then .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2008, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Murrieta, CA.
1,505 posts, read 3,613,954 times
Reputation: 627
Edward Scissorhands. I dont know why. But when I watched it for the first time as a kid, something about it just creeped me out. I think I felt very sorry for him, and maybe that feeling was what gave me the creeps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2008, 10:22 AM
 
1,130 posts, read 1,840,892 times
Reputation: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
It must have been knowing that Captain Kangaroo was on tv back then .

Hey, how'd you know that the Captain kept the trauma away? Did you suck your thumb too, like me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2008, 10:33 AM
 
3,761 posts, read 5,562,547 times
Reputation: 826
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2008, 10:36 AM
 
1,130 posts, read 1,840,892 times
Reputation: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Texas Chainsaw Massacre





A double thumb sucker!!!!!!

Some of those folks remind me of my distant relatives!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top