Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:17 AM

163 posts, read 390,888 times

Advertisements

I live in Orlando, FL and I've always found it funny that I couldn't get a job as a Disney princess because I didn't look like any of them. Well now I do! Great for all of the little black girls that can see a Disney princess that resembles herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 09:14 PM

48 posts, read 145,356 times
I'm excited to see this as I am a Disney Movie buff, but I found it odd that the first black princess spends most of the movie as a frog....

Old 10-12-2009, 09:21 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRLPS View Post
I'm excited to see this as I am a Disney Movie buff, but I found it odd that the first black princess spends most of the movie as a frog....
I think Obama needs to invite the Princess and the head of Disney over to sort this mess out over a beer.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:20 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRLPS View Post
Yeah, that bothers me....like a LOT.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:26 PM

305 posts, read 798,297 times
I don't know for sure if that is the case. I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions about how long the Princess is human and a frog. The original story has her turning from a frog back to a Princess, so it does make sense if she is a frog. I don't think that is Disney's fault, because that is just the way the classic tale went.

For those of you who couldn't see YouTube at work, I am so sorry. Here is a link to Trailer Addict where they have even better and more clear versions of the clips and featurettes. Enjoy!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:38 PM

48 posts, read 145,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeyouhigher View Post
I don't know for sure if that is the case. I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions about how long the Princess is human and a frog. The original story has her turning from a frog back to a Princess, so it does make sense if she is a frog. I don't think that is Disney's fault, because that is just the way the classic tale went.

I understand your point, and I'm sure the movie will be great as Disney usually is. I just can't recall any other Disney princess that is anything but her lovely beautiful self the entire movie...Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty....they stay more or less the same the entire time, maybe from poor to rich, but always beautiful. I think the closest comparison would be Ariel, but she went from a beautiful mermaid to a beautiful human. This girl goes 100% frog!

Old 10-20-2009, 03:23 PM

SGRLPS -- Point taken. I don't really pay much attention to that and I will just wait until I see the movie. I am too engrossed in the beautiful animation and music that will be in the movie. I like that this is a different take on classic tales. If you think about it in Beauty and the Beast, the Prince had to spend most of the movie in the "beast" form, which isn't too fair. So this time it is different, but I am sure it will be great!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:35 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeyouhigher View Post
There is all sorts of new information and clips for this movie so I thought I would add it to this thread and get some discussion going. I am personally very excited to see Disney releasing a 2D animated film. Those were the classics and this one looks fantastic. Here is a poster and some clips. Enjoy!
The picture you posted definitely makes it look more interesting.
I've seen a few promotion pics but none like that one. Thanks for posting that picture.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:24 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I cant see the link from work but isnt this the movie with the first black princess?
Yeah, I think both the princess and the prince are of African American decent and it may indeed be the first time Disney has gone that route, but it is not the first time a princess has been a person of color. I love fairy tales and can't wait to see it. I am a fan of children's literature in general. Are u looking forward to seeing this movie too?

Old 10-21-2009, 03:47 PM

PurpleLove80, I am glad you enjoyed the poster. Just like with any good movie, they usually drop clips and posters bit by bit to lure you in and boy is it working for this one! They had me hooked from the beginning, but my excitement keeps growing and growing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies