Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:06 PM

156 posts, read 639,042 times

Advertisements

I as well have never walked out on a film. Being an independent filmmaker myself, despite how poor a film might be, I feel it is disrespectful to walk out of a movie, shut off a DVD mid-way through, even fall asleep during films. I've always been this way, perhaps putting myself in their shoes; if I saw people walking out, it would be very disheartening, and though the movie may be really poor quality, not every one who helped make it is to blame.

But that's just my two cents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 07:16 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,172,596 times
Screamers....It was the only thing playing at this crappy place...

I couldnt even take it.

And I f******* love movies mother F***** <----(for arod)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Walked out on Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back...within 10 mins we heard the "f " word over 100 times, it was just too much.
So I guess you are not a lewbowski fan?
Or reservior dogs?
;P

Old 08-06-2008, 09:02 PM

461 posts, read 1,446,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stotan88 View Post
I as well have never walked out on a film. Being an independent filmmaker myself, despite how poor a film might be, I feel it is disrespectful to walk out of a movie, shut off a DVD mid-way through, even fall asleep during films. I've always been this way, perhaps putting myself in their shoes; if I saw people walking out, it would be very disheartening, and though the movie may be really poor quality, not every one who helped make it is to blame.

But that's just my two cents

I fall asleep during movies I love all the time. Not because I'm disrespecting, I'm just exhausted! I swear, comfy seat, dark room, I'm out!

I did walk out on Be Cool, I seriously couldn't deal with it. Though my hubby enjoyed seeing Uma's butt. I liked Get Shorty... maybe I just wasn't in the mood.

I wish I could have walked out on Braveheart... that movie was wayyy too long. I kept dozing off and every time I woke up Mel was yelling and people were fighting uuuggghhhhh.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:09 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,356,171 times
I walked out of Hercules (Lou Ferrigno 1983) as it made "Killer Tomatoes" look like a Steven Spielburg production. Should have walked on Ishtar (1987), but didn't. Always regretted that. And, Hellraiser (1987), just too much gore at the time. I saw about 10 minutes of Saw (2004) on HBO before I turned it off. I need a $5.00 Pepsi.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 PM

23,527 posts, read 69,942,587 times
Walked out of "The Pianist." Normally I'm blase about Hollywood being stuck on themes, but when Schindler's List hit the target on holocaust movies, and then Pianist tried to do sad doggy eyes in on top of that, I cracked. Enough is enough. Buy a plot, guys. One outside of Germany in WWII.

We struggled through the next one on tivo, but the movie was so ponderous I would have walked in a theatre - "Young Winston." Attenborough must have hated Churchill to present scenes like the interview without the interviewer. Whoever it was that was trying to narrate in a Churchill voice sounded more like a fat Jack Kennedy than Churchill.

Doesn't quite count, cause I was a manager at the time, but I walked out of the original showing of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre when the one customer for the matinee was sitting there laughing whenever the chainsaw started up.

I'm sure there were many more that I walked out on. Those three just happened to be easy to remember.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 PM

3,961 posts, read 10,599,459 times
My husband and I walked out on Life With Mikey in 1993. I had a good excuse. We went straight from there to the hospital where I had our daughter a few hours later. The manager ran after us and gave us free tickets for next time, LOL!!

Old 08-06-2008, 10:06 PM

702 posts, read 2,289,258 times
Never walked out of a movie because I so seldom go to movie theaters. I think it's pretty apparent now that 90% of box office movies are tiresomely cliched pieces of crap; so instead of paying $9 to be able to say I saw the movie when it first came out, I wait a few months and borrow it for free from my local library (or spend the $2 to rent it if it's really worth watching).

I was coerced into going to see Goldmember when it came out a few years ago - I almost walked out of that not so much because it was so disgustingly retarded, but because of the fear of a theater full of people around me laughing hysterically and enjoying every moment of such garbage.

Had to take a child to see Pirates of the Caribbean a few years ago. Fell asleep shortly after it started. What a yawner.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:19 PM

350 posts, read 651,993 times
'Resurrection Man', based on the life of the psychopathic killer, Lenny Murphy.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,123,251 times
I've walked out of dozens of movies and there are dozens more I wish I had walked out on. If I don't like the movie in the first 30 minutes I go to the box office and get my money back.
They always give it back too. I can't stand giving 2 hours of my life to a bad movie- and the worst movies are the ones that preach and propagandize.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:03 AM

956 posts, read 2,993,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Walked out on Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back...within 10 mins we heard the "f " word over 100 times, it was just too much.
Why did you go in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies