Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2008, 11:09 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times

Advertisements

"A Clockwork Orange". I refuse to watch it again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 05:51 AM

161 posts, read 370,638 times
Jesus Camp

Old 12-08-2008, 06:24 AM

955 posts, read 4,090,146 times
"there will be blood" Sat thru the whole thing waiting for something to happen, it was just plain depressing.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:03 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Eastern Promises-------Alot of throat slitting Russians

Old 12-08-2008, 04:20 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I love that movie! Just got it on Blu-ray.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:59 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Nice narrative. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I don't know about an entire movie being disturbing, but there are some scenes in movies that truly do get to me;

1. In "Nashville" (a great movie if you haven't seen it) the scene where Ronee Blakely is going to start her "comeback tour" by singing at a county fair. The band plays the intro, she starts singing, then stops singing and just starts talking to the audience about random stuff, the band starts again and she does the same thing again. Then you realize she is having a complete breakdown onstage in front of this crowd of people.

2. In "Band Of Brothers" (probably the best or second best war film ever) in the episode titled "Crossroads", Capt. Winters has about 1/2 the company lined up in a ditch getting ready to attack a German position of unknown strength. He passes the word to "go on the red smoke", the tosses out a smoke grenade, which kind fizzles for a couple of seconds, a couple of troops start out of the ditch they're in and a Lieutenant grabs one guys arm and says; "he said go on the red smoke".

The grenade sits there for about 8-10 seconds and the entire time Capt. Winters is running BY HIMSELF toward the unseen German lines. By the time the grenade goes off he's about 80-100 yards ahead of the rest of his men. Even though the movie is 7 years old, and this happened in the winter fall of '44, and I know that Dick Winters is still alive (or was the last I heard) I always get a knot in my stomach when I watch it.

3. In "Memphis Belle" when the co-pilot (I think it's Billy Zane) wants to go fire the guns at the German fighters, he hits one of them and the FW rolls over and slices through the fuselage of another B-17, for a little bit there's the sound of the radio operator on that plane as the fuselage parts spin out of control and then just a loud static screech.

golfgod

Old 12-08-2008, 09:07 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
"The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, Her Lover" Each location had it's own color to match what went on in that location. The wife and lover had an affair with the cook covering up for them. They got caught by the thief just before they made their escape. The thief tortured a choir singing boy by cutting off his nipples and shoving them down his throat. The thief found the lover and killed him in a gag inducing manner. The wife takes the lover to the cook for the cook to cook since he's famous for being able to cook anything. All the thief's enemies and wife wheel the table to the thief and uncover the lover's naked cooked body. The wife points a gun at the thief and order's him to eat. After he throws up on the meat on the fork, he chews and swallows it. It's a that point that she shoots him dead and says,..."cannibal". It was like a beautiful trainwreck that I couldn't take my eyes off.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:21 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
I have to say one of them would be "Fargo" - just the fact that it is based on a true story... That much violence can come from what was supposed to be a "simple" act of greed. Part of what was disturbing is also the fact that there were parts of this story that were funny. It is very odd to find yourself almost laughing in the midst of such horrific events...

Old 12-09-2008, 12:47 AM

118 posts, read 519,000 times
Lord of the Flies................Piggy is so picked on and the blonde is just a bully

Old 12-19-2008, 01:45 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,220,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I totally agree. It freaked me out the first time I watched it and there is no way I'll ever try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies