U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-04-2012, 11:45 PM

3,185 posts, read 2,274,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
you make no sense
How so?

Salo isn't disturbing in the sense that it rocked me. It was gross, but I didn't feel shaken afterward.

And it is pretentious. The director of the film has said the scene where the captives are forced to eat feces is an allegory on processed food. There is nothing in that scene to imply it represents mass produced food in the slightest. That's what makes it pretentious garbage.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-05-2012, 12:40 AM

328 posts, read 268,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I did he exact thing. Reading was already bad enough, but to watch it??? I can't bring myself to do that.
I watched it just because I just had to see if it really was as bad as I read.

But the thing is....the movie is beautifully shot and very well edited. It's just the content that is bad.

Unread 04-05-2012, 10:25 AM
(-)

690 posts, read 831,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post
BUG

15 minutes into the movie and I said to myself what the hell am I watching? To this day I still don't know what I watched. Just a very odd/weird movie.

Unread 04-05-2012, 05:05 PM

4,157 posts, read 2,845,354 times
The most disturbing movie I have ever watched would be "Snowtown". It is an Australian movie about a serial killer and his gang of accomplices. It's not the graphic nature of the violence depicted that was so disturbing because I've seen worse. It was the realism of the film itself and the fact that it is a true story. The feel of the movie is stark and cold, there is no relief from it at all in the movie, no beautiful scenery or light moments. You are just hit time after time with one unimaginable act following another interlaced with the rantings of a homophobic lunatic and the dwellers of the bottom rung of society hanging on his every word. The thing that I think that was most disturbing for me though is that I found myself sucked into that world and I just felt really dirty after watching it, like I had been contaminated by it. The one thing I can say about that movie is that, as a psychology student, it was an interesting insight into the minds of the degenerates who committed those crimes. The crimes were the 'Bodies in the Barrels" murders, an infamous killing spree in recent Australian history.

Last edited by Lady Ice; 04-05-2012 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: spelling

Unread 04-05-2012, 05:07 PM

14,756 posts, read 12,090,657 times
Most disturbing film for me: "Seven"

Unread 04-06-2012, 06:55 PM

3,710 posts, read 3,304,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I had heard about this being one of the most disturbing movies ever made and my curiousity took over,so, I read up on on it.
I deeply regretted doing that,even just knowing the story was haunting.
I can not imagine sitting thru the movie.
Wow.

I just about the plot. This has to be the most disturbing movie ever.

Unread 04-07-2012, 05:39 AM

3,225 posts, read 3,672,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
There is a scene in Holocaust which has been deleted in the DVD version in which Jews are burned alive in a synagogue. You only hear but do not see them. You do see the building burning. The miniseries left quite an impression on my then young mind.

Similar scene in Come and See regarding German execution of presumably Russian villagers during the occupation period in 1941-1945. Barn not a synagogue this time. Same effect. The entire film shows the casualness with which death comes during wartime even to civilians and animals.
Excellent, excellent war film. Blows Sappy Spielberg crap out of the water.

The villagers were belorussian peasants on a collective farm. I thought the scene of Nazi soldiers dragging a screaming young girl into the back of a truck to be gang-rapped was the most disturbing part of the film.

Unread 06-05-2012, 07:45 AM

761 posts, read 679,344 times
The Ring (American version)

Unread 06-05-2012, 09:15 AM

1,006 posts, read 448,261 times
For me it was The Human Centipede

Unread 06-05-2012, 03:45 PM

2,337 posts, read 768,043 times
Human Centipede and its sequel were pretty nasty. But "Old Boy" and "Audition" were a little worse in my opinion. The last 20 minutes of "Megan is Missing" was rough too.

If anybody has seen the "fire hydrant" scene in "Irrevirsible," that was pretty sick too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies