Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:46 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,937,269 times

Advertisements

This brings back memories when I snuck in the theaters to watch it. Here's the trailer!

YouTube - Friday the 13th Remake Teaser Trailer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Well, at least it's not another 'Saw'

Old 10-23-2008, 02:12 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,955 times
I'm nervous as remakes don't have a good track record in the last couple years. I'll admit I'm a huge fan of the first four Friday the 13ths. I'll wait to judge it when I see it but will admit to being worried. But if it stinks will still have the original so nothing is lost There have been a few good remakes (Dawn of the Dead, The Hills Have Eyes, TCM, and The Wizard of Gore are the only recent ones to come to mind though). One of my favorite horror films, The Thing, is a remake so never know.

I'm glad they are making Jason human again as I wasn't a fan of zombie Jason. I'm disappointed of a few things I heard were cut out of the film which were good things from the first flick. Heard it will basically be a remake in the timeline of Parts 2 and 3. Hopefully they will have a nice atmosphere and capture the creepiness of being isolated in the woods that the first four films captured.

I did enjoy the posted trailer although it was too short to get a large feel for the film......I liked it though. Is this the same trailer that will be coming out tomorrow with Saw V or will there be a longer one? I'm excited that the My Bloody Valentine remake trailer is coming out tomorrow too

EDIT: Just found the trailer attached to Saw 5--Trailer
With the teaser and this trailer I am now officially excited It looks like it could be very good and they captured a nice vibe. I got goosebumps at Pamela Voorhees' narrating!!!

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 10-23-2008 at 02:22 PM..

Old 10-23-2008, 03:19 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I'm nervous as remakes don't have a good track record in the last couple years. I'll admit I'm a huge fan of the first four Friday the 13ths. I'll wait to judge it when I see it but will admit to being worried.
I agree with that R.J.....about the Remakes being flops most of the time.

Watching the trailer made me think not of a Remake but an addition to the what....11 movies of the movie series.

Also Mrs.Voorhees was the killer in the first one so is she the killer in this Remake???

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 10-23-2008 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Spell Check/ Mrs. Voorhees

Old 10-23-2008, 03:21 PM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
The original Friday the 13th was a really good horror flick. It had some gore, but it didn't rely on the gore to scare --- unlike the sequels. It had some genuine jump-in-your-seat moments as well as some great humor. A real horror classic.

This "remake" ... eh. Looks like they're going for the gore. And they seem to have changed the story fairly radically, since Jason wasn't actually the killer in the first film.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
I agree with that R.J.....about the Remakes being flops most of the time.

Watching the trailer made me think not of a Remake but an addition to the what....11 movies of the movie series.

Also Mrs.Vorhees was the killer in the first one so is she the killer in this Remake???
Man!!!! You spoiled the ending! JK!!! I hope they keep to the original!!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 03:34 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,955 times
POSSIBLE SPOILER FOR THE REMAKE---ONLY READ IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT SPOILERS

Rumor has it they have cut out all the scenes of Pamela Voorhees from the remake that they filmed This is what had me disappointed with the remake because of that news. I guess they will make mention of her and I'm sure Pamela's decapitated head will make an appearance in Jason's shack. A few months ago it appeared they were remaking parts 1-3 into one film but now it appears they may just set the film in between Parts 2 and 3 timeline wise. And I was hoping for a potato sack wearing Jason for a bit which I doubt will happen......

Old 10-23-2008, 04:29 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Quote:

Rumor has it they have cut out all the scenes of Pamela Voorhees from the remake that they filmed This is what had me disappointed with the remake because of that news. I guess they will make mention of her and I'm sure Pamela's decapitated head will make an appearance in Jason's shack. A few months ago it appeared they were remaking parts 1-3 into one film but now it appears they may just set the film in between Parts 2 and 3 timeline wise. And I was hoping for a potato sack wearing Jason for a bit which I doubt will happen......
In other words another Poseidon Adventure sorry remake with this flick .

Old 10-23-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:

You never know. She could be the "man" behind the curtain. She's probably conversing with Jason via Bluetooth. Afterall, it's the 21st century.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
sounds lame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies