U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 04:29 PM

168 posts, read 666,734 times

Advertisements

It could be anything - funny, cute, inspirational, the list goes on.

Although I have several, I'll try and narrow it down.

from Fight Club, said by Brad Pitt's character:

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not you ****ing khakis."

And my favorite (kind of sappy) quote is from The Last Kiss:

"What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you love. That's what matters. That's the only thing that counts."

So, what is/are your favorite(s)?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 07:29 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,868,618 times
I have alot, but at this moment it's "it's true, this man has no ****" -Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 04-29-2009 at 04:08 PM..

Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 PM

12,351 posts, read 16,991,123 times
From They Live

Roddy Piper: "I'm here to kick *** and chew gum. And I'm all outta gum."

From Young Frankenstein

Igor: You know, I'll never forget my old dad. When these things would happen to him... the things he'd say to me.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: What did he say?
Igor: "What the hell are you doing in the bathroom day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance?"

Inga: Werewolf!
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Werewolf?
Igor: There.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: What?
Igor: There, wolf. There, castle.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Why are you talking that way.
Igor: I thought you wanted to.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No, I don't want to.
Igor: Suit yourself. I'm easy.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: ... but you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being.

Elizabeth: Oh. Where you going?... Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and then you're out with the boys to boast and brag. YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Oh... I think I love him.

From STAR WARS

"May the Force be with you."

From JAWS

Chief Brody: "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

From Ghostbusters

Dr. Venkmen: "Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Winston Zeddemore: Hey, wait a minute. Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! Hold it! Now, are we actually gonna go before a federal judge, and tell him that some moldy Babylonian god is going to drop in on Central Park West, and start tearing up the city?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Sumerian, not Babylonian.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah. Big difference.
Winston Zeddemore: No offense, guys, but I've gotta get my own lawyer.

Dr Ray Stantz: I think we'd better split up.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Good idea.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah... we can do more damage that way.

Dr Ray Stantz: Symmetrical book stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.
Dr. Peter Venkman: You're right, no human being would stack books like this.

Dr Ray Stantz: Listen... do you smell something?

From The Outlaw Josey Wales

Josey Wales: You have any food here?
Lone Watie: All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through.

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

Jamie: You can't get 'em all, Josie.
Josey Wales: That's a fact.
Jamie: How come you're doing this, then?
Josey Wales: Because I ain't got nothin' better to do.

Captain Terrill: Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.

From The Outlaw Josey Wales

The Schofield Kid: It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.
Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 04-29-2009 at 04:09 PM..

Old 11-07-2008, 09:03 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,868,618 times
I've never seen that before, I've never seen that. I've never seen anybody drive their garbage down to the street and bang the hell out of it with a stick. I-I've never seen that. -Ray Peterson, The Burbs'

Old 11-07-2008, 09:45 PM

638 posts, read 1,599,236 times
Gail Dwyer: I hate you! You did this to me you miserable piece of ****-brained, horse**** slime-sucking son of a ***** ******!
Marty: That's perfect! I got it all on film, the kids will love it! ......NINE MONTHS (you have to see her face too LOL)

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 04-29-2009 at 04:10 PM..

Old 11-08-2008, 03:33 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,677,147 times
Coming to America

King Jaffe Joffer (James Earl Jones) walks into the barber shop looking for his son Prince Akeem (Eddie Murphy)- the Jewish guy notices King Jaffe Joffer has lion fur on his shoulder and he touches it- he ask king Jaffe Joffer "what is this.....velvet??"

Old 11-08-2008, 06:57 AM

91 posts, read 239,584 times
Billy Madison

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

(mostly because it is so easily used to reply to so many people i encounter on boards on the net lol )

Pulp Fiction

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Big Fish

There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool.

A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.

There comes a point when any reasonable man will swallow his pride and admit he made a mistake. The truth is... I was never a reasonable man.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:44 AM

12,978 posts, read 26,602,908 times
Just about any and everything that Samuel L. Jackson say as Jules in Pulp Fiction.

Cant post the dialogue her, but everyone's seen the movie.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:17 AM

2,784 posts, read 5,837,889 times
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the **** do you think you're talking to?"

"Even though I'm no more than a monster - don't I, too, have the right to live?"

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Old 11-08-2008, 09:29 AM

15,372 posts, read 31,359,112 times
"What we have heyah is a FAILuah to com-un-I-cate"

Strother Martin as the Warden in Cool Hand Luke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies