Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,646,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
You read my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM

3,978 posts, read 5,000,454 times
How about No Reservations? I love when the two chefs are in the kitchen at the end - ah, they found love while stirring it up behind the grill! Catherine Zeta Jones and Aaron Eckhart look fantastic in their lil aprons....

Old 01-10-2013, 02:35 PM

7,128 posts, read 5,220,281 times
*sigh* I had a long post with lists, then the connection to the site was zapped. So, I'll try again.

Simply Irresistible
A Feast At Midnight
Chocolat ~ I fully agree!
Christmas in Connecticut (1945)
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?

Some great scenes in films are~some more appetizing than others:
A Christmas Story ~ Mom convincing Randy to eat like a little piggy
Wolf ~ Michelle Pfeiffer and Jack Nicholson getting acquainted over PB&J sandwiches
Grease 2 ~ Michelle Pfeiffer and Maxwell Caulfield dining on burgers and fries while she's being tutored

Tom Jones (1963) ~ Albert Finney and Joyce Redman chow down lasciviously in what once was the most famous dining scene in cinematic history. This bawdy epic won Best Picture Academy Award, four wins out of 10 nominations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tezjznL9NzM

The Truth About Cats and Dogs ~ Ben Chaplin feeds a variety of desserts to usually-starving model Uma Thurman to the tune of Suzanne Vega's "Caramel" / I wish I had the scene, but here's the song.

Suzanne Vega - Caramel - YouTube

eXistenZ ~ Disgusting dinner yields weapon. ***GROSS***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQKkCMDaN54

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra ~ Animala aka Pammy (a girl created from four forest animals) reverts to her nature, causing stranded aliens disguised as humans to follow her lead~a la Randy:

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra - Dinner Scene - YouTube

Last edited by MystMoonstruck; 01-10-2013 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: add titles and fix typos

Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,566,787 times
Ratatouille.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:25 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,355,728 times
No one has mentioned Soul Kitchen, a quirky German movie. Just had to throw that in here.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:39 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,067,272 times
Hannibal. Fava beans and a nice chianti.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM

15,534 posts, read 15,555,642 times
I'm sort of a foodie myself, but I don't care about food in movies enough to seek them out or anything. I've something seen movie series about food, though, which I'm sure are fun.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:08 PM

7,128 posts, read 5,220,281 times
I recall people going freaky about tiramisu after... Gee! I don't recall which "romcom" it's in because I only lasted through a tiny bit of each. It's either "Sleepless in Seattle" or "You've Got Mail". I just couldn't get through them though I do like a few romantic comedies, such as "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days". Maybe it's Meg Ryan. I tried tiramisu but didn't get what was special about it. I'll stick with New York-style cheesecake with NO topping.

There's a cute pizza parlor scene in "Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation". Fabian and Lauri Peters sing "Cream Puff", a teen pop song written by~Are you ready?~Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer! Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on YouTube.

In contrast, there's the pizza-eating contest in "Feds", with Rebecca De Mornay taking on a hulking guy. Tricky ladies!

"9 1/2 Weeks" has an infamous food/sex scene:

Nine And A Half (9 and 1/2) Weeks Famous Food Scene (HQ) - YouTube
It's parodied in "Hot Shots!" The trailer includes most of the scene:

Hot Shots! Trailer - YouTube

"Cool Hand Luke" has the 50-egg bet, with Paul Newman as the too-cool lead character:

50 Eggs - Paul Newman - YouTube

EDIT: The rat cartoon is just too icky! I couldn't get past that image of a rat near food. Uck! I had to pass on that one.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,299,657 times
Babette's Feast

Delicatessen

Slammin' Salmon (a really crap comedy about a restaurant - but hey, it involves food!!)

Too many memorable food/cooking scenes to mention - love the scenes in Goodfellas with Martin Scorcese's mom cooking up pasta - and the guys in prison cooking their steaks too.

Also love the scene in Wall Street where Charlie Sheen and Darryl Hannah make a ridiculously pretentious 1980's yuppy dinner of sushi and home made pasta then say "Let's just look at it"!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:19 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,653,417 times
Delicatessen & Willy Wonka come to mind first.
One of those movies I can watch again and again is Eat Your Heart Out (not the 'B' horror movie, the romance one)

Does Alive count? What about Extract?

I can't recall what movie it was, but in watching it I commented that every scene with a certain character, was always eating something.
And one favorite food scene is in Be Cool when the crew all drop their bags of Mongolian beef.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies