U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-13-2008, 01:18 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,225,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
After seeing "Candyman", I have never gone into a bathroom and looked in the mirror without turning on the light first. That movie is the only one that's ever scared me.
I will also never say Candyman three times while looking in the mirror.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 01:24 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,225,140 times
Three more:

1. I saw an episode of Night Gallery where this guy kept washing insects (spiders?) down his sink. Every night there were more and more and one day he come into the apt and there was a giant one waiting for him. I always think of this when I put insects in the toilet or down the sink.
2. On HBO there was a short film where a guy was lured to an empty house by a big mass of videotape. The tape devoured him and at the end of the show was typing up a letter to another person to get them to come to the house. Unspooled media tape kind of freaks me out to this day.
3. I am afraid of giant hats because of the show Lidsville. If I ever come across a hat big enough for me to crawl into you had better believe I am running away. I don't want to battle that evil Horatio.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:10 PM

8,262 posts, read 13,537,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAbleedsBlue View Post
I do not have an irrational fear of clowns now, but I saw the movie IT at way too early of an age and it messed me up for several years!

That clown is insane!
One of my longest standing memories was of a reoccuring nightmare I had about this clown. I'd look down an alley or down a hallway and a nanosecond later that damn clown was always up in my grill laughing it's head off and it would like tickle me to death but this nightmare was nothing but horror for me. I've always hated clowns.

For a while after watching Pet Sematary, I think I had an irrational fear that as soon as I stepped out of bed some little blonde-haired kid would jump at me from under the bed and cut my achilles tendon with a knife.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:30 PM

638 posts, read 1,297,298 times
Fog on a dark night... Watched The Fog (original Carpenter version not the crap remake) too many times. Hubby and I keep cracking jokes about it when we are out at night having a cigarette and it is foggy.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:32 PM

1,389 posts, read 2,246,615 times
Zombies!

I dread the day that they attack.

Thankfully though, I've got one of these:

Old 11-13-2008, 09:38 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,162,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
I too fear "The Birds"

We were very very young and my parents went out for the night and "The Birds" was to be on TV.
Last thing our parents said was...DO NOT LET THEM WATCH.
That is EXACTLY what happened to me - except the babysitter made us watch the movie. To this day, my parents argue with me about this and say there was no way that movie was on TV that soon and that back in the day, movies didn't make it to TV that quickly. I know for sure we watched it with our knuckleheaded babysitter and I even remember the yellow pajamas I was wearing. I absolutely hate flocks of birds - hate them!

Old 11-16-2008, 04:11 PM

887 posts, read 2,908,058 times
Yes, I must admit that I have some irrational fears as well as a result of waaay too many horror films:

I DO NOT like murky, cloudy water as a result of Jaws. If I can't see through to the bottom, I don't like it at all. On a yacht is okay, but not in a small row boat on a river.

I DO NOT like thunder. I know lightning can kill you, but thunder drowns out the sound. I saw some Alfred Hitchcock movie, I think, as a child, and the female was about to be attacked. A storm arose and knocked out the lights. The murderer was making noise in the house, but the female could not hear him for the thunder. Though I enjoy a good thunder bumper; really, really loud thunder bothers me.

NO CAR KEYS buried in purses. Too many times, the female in a movie would be attacked by a monster/creature because she couldn't find her car keys in her purse. My keys are on a leather snap-on/snap-off strap that is attached to my purse strap. I can get to them with either hand, in front of my body or behind. Been that way since I was 21 years of age.

Static on TVs. Not because of the movie, Poltergeist, but because of The Ring. I DID NOT like that little girl crossing over from her world through the television. Had to buy a new TV recently, and while doing the remote programming, there were times when all that came through was static. I didn't like it.

I DO NOT like solid shower curtains in the shower as a result of Psycho. If I'm in someone else's house or in a hotel, I just deal with it and move on; but in my bathrooms at home, clear or translucent shower curtains/glass.

Visiting supposed haunted houses. If someone tells me that they have been experiencing "stuff" in their homes and invites me over to see if anything happens while I'm there; Oh no, I don't think so. They can call Ghost Hunters.

Yes, I know, pitiful, but I looooves me some horror/sci-fi flicks.

Last edited by virgo; 11-16-2008 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: Modification

Old 11-17-2008, 07:02 AM

5,437 posts, read 4,748,012 times
Taking a shower always freaks me out, I peak out the shower curtain every so often. Fear instilled by Psycho.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:57 PM

341 posts, read 362,726 times
Oh... this is good stuff - brings things to mind that I never think of until they actually happen!

Occasionally shower freaky thoughts because of some bad movie that had snakes crawling out of the tub spout.

Don't remember the next movie, but I'm in my late 40's and I saw it as a kid... had reaching out of a pond and grabbing someones ankle and dragging them in, which has continued to now a weird thing about something under the bed. As a kid I used to (along with others I'm sure!) run and jump onto the bed so the "thing" couldn't grab me! Great - I'm traveling this week and staying in a hotel, so no hubby to protect me from the thing under the bed, and now will be thinking of it when I turn in tonight!

And along with lots of others... Jaws has given me an issue with murky water... and I grew up in Montana! Sharks not much of an issue there!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 PM

341 posts, read 362,726 times
Hmmm... and I'm in a small town on an island off the north of Washington State right now sitting in my hotel room with the curtains open watching the ocean fog roll in... cue the scary music!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies