Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 07:07 AM

609 posts, read 1,171,333 times

Advertisements

I used to watch the X-files when I was a kid. it was creepy and scared the bejesus out of me.. this movie... a sad shadow of its former glory days....

ummmm it totally took the "X" out of "X-files". where was the paranormal activity? All I saw was one pedophile priest who sometimes had visions....

there were no aliens or anything really out of the whack... umm pretty much a classic detective story.. except bad...

Also the storyline was not scary, or creepy or even wierd... it was jsut your classic case of some illegal body snatching and head transplants......

overall I was dissapointed.. I kept expecting it to go somewhere... but youd have just as much luck finding a corner on a circle...

not to mention the title "I want to believe" was basically what the story was about.. it was bascically 1 hour and a half of scully saying "i dont believe the priest, i dont believe the priest and finally, "i do believe the priest"

however after everything they saw, including mudler even being abducted by aliens, would believing a priest has visions really be that far fetched? its not even that its far fetched.

its actually soo stupid and doesnt amke sense that they would believe hiM!!

anyoen else as dissapointed as me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 05:48 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,337,836 times
Yes. This movie was made to squeeze what few remaining drops of loyalty X-Files fans had and dupe them into showing up to see it. Chris Carter proved he has completely run out of ideas with his franchise. It is sad to see such an entertaining series end so poorly.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:06 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,592,567 times
keep in mind that it was made clear that this film had no aliens in it before it was released

Old 12-15-2008, 10:21 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,917,944 times
Sorry to bump a semi-old thread. But I just ordered the x-files last night on Comcast and the OP is 100% right. The only paranormal activity was the priest, and he was barely in it. It was more of a drama with Mulder and Scully. I was very, very disapointed.

I don't care though. The old x-files shows were classics and some is one of my favorite TV series of all time. It is sad that they made this movie to just put a worse ending to the X-files. I am going to pretend it never happened and watch my old school X-files Vhs episodes from the 90s. The ones I grew up watching.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:59 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,060,832 times
The x-files were good for the like the first five seasons.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:03 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,917,944 times
The first movie was pretty good and that was later in the life of the X-files.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies