Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:09 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
"Deck the halls with boughs of rorry, ra, ra, ra, ra, ra, ra, ra, ra, ra"
Yeah, and my neighbors across the street have all their lights up and on, and it's not even Thanksgiving yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 07:24 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Yeah, and my neighbors across the street have all their lights up and on, and it's not even Thanksgiving yet.
It is too Thanksgiving!!!

Okay, my rant for the buttarded xmas specials is the Charlie Brown specials. All the voices have been changed and they sound horrible! I wish they would rerun the specials from the 60's. That is the Charlie Brown I got used to and now they have overdone the jazz music.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
It is too Thanksgiving!!!

Okay, my rant for the buttarded xmas specials is the Charlie Brown specials. All the voices have been changed and they sound horrible! I wish they would rerun the specials from the 60's. That is the Charlie Brown I got used to and now they have overdone the jazz music.
They switched to jazz sometime in the '90s. That was the last time I saw just part of one, the one with the pathetic little tree. I kind of wondered why, because I've never known any kids who liked jazz.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:10 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
I don't know about you KariBear, but it took years of "gettin' use to", moving from beautiful White Holiday seasons in Michigan to green/brown in California.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
And the best part is that we get to hear (RD Mercer) even up here in Ohio .
I use to listen to RD Mercer everyday in CA. on a Country radio station. Then I never paid much attention when Phil and Brent said they were from Tulsa.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:09 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I use to listen to RD Mercer everyday in CA. on a Country radio station. Then I never paid much attention when Phil and Brent said they were from Tulsa.
We still don't get him on the radio full time.

Quote:
I don't know about you KariBear, but it took years of "gettin' use to", moving from beautiful White Holiday seasons in Michigan to green/brown in California.
We've had snow on the ground for over a week now, lets just hope we have a "White Christmas" as well .

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Old 11-27-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
The biggest adjustment for me was in '67 when I moved from the midwest to the tip of the Olympic Peninsula, where the Straits of Juan de Fuca meets the Pacific. There, if it hit 50 degrees it was a hot day, and people wore shorts under their winter coats. Alaska was different, at least the part I was in. There it was just as likely rain as it was to freeze, sometimes both at once. Sometimes there was a lot of snow, sometimes not. Every year was different. St Louis was usually pretty and white with snow, but there was always a wicked wind, especially downtown where the tall buildings acted as man-made canyons and wind tunnels.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
The biggest adjustment for me was in '67 when I moved from the midwest to the tip of the Olympic Peninsula, where the Straits of Juan de Fuca meets the Pacific. There, if it hit 50 degrees it was a hot day, and people wore shorts under their winter coats. Alaska was different, at least the part I was in. There it was just as likely rain as it was to freeze, sometimes both at once. Sometimes there was a lot of snow, sometimes not. Every year was different. St Louis was usually pretty and white with snow, but there was always a wicked wind, especially downtown where the tall buildings acted as man-made canyons and wind tunnels.
The wind and wind chill always did ruin a good day

I had a house in CA, for 26years, uor first christmas tree a potted pine tree small enough to sit on our TV. I planted it in the front yard. When I left and moved to OK. that pine tree was over twice as tall as the house.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
The wind and wind chill always did ruin a good day

I had a house in CA, for 26years, uor first christmas tree a potted pine tree small enough to sit on our TV. I planted it in the front yard. When I left and moved to OK. that pine tree was over twice as tall as the house.
They did that in WA, where I used to live. The potted trees were considerably bigger, though - closer to real Christmas tree size. And very spendy. It wasn't unusual for them to run $50.00-$80.00 or more. They were supposed to be kept outside, or at least on a cool porch, and planted as soon as possible after Christmas. But when I lived in AK, we used to use tops of spruce trees that needed to be cut, or wired a bunch of trimmed limbs together to make very thick trees, all free. With home made ornaments, especially ones the kids made, those were really neat.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:15 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Thumbs down Wal-Mart Employee Trampled to Death

OMG. This is beyond me. Here you go, GP. Just be glad you are in Oklahoma, and not New York.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/bu...29walmart.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies