Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 11:08 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

I just watched the movie 25th Hour starring Ed Norton
directed by Spike Lee
Outstanding movie...it's 2 years old and I never before heard of it, but if you get a chance, Wow...the shots were brilliant, the story was gripping and I wasn't able to predict what was going to happen next...kept me on the edge of my seat...Ed Norton, just when you think he couldn't get any better, he surfaces with a new extraordinary character.

I believe you would enjoy this movie

If you've seen it, please share your thoughts

Thanks
Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 11:12 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
I think that movie is closer to 4 or 5 years old. Good movie though. I might have to add that to my Netflix queue to give it another viewing.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I think that movie is closer to 4 or 5 years old. Good movie though. I might have to add that to my Netflix queue to give it another viewing.
I bought the movie, liked it so much. Tried Netflicks and didn't like it, basically b/c they don't have up to date new movies...

Old 12-11-2008, 05:43 PM

620 posts, read 1,950,910 times
We own this movie. It is really good and NOTHING like I expected. Edward Norton has always been one of my favorites! I have liked him in everything from Primal Fear to American History X ( my favorite movie of his). I will have to watch this again because it really is on older movie.

Creme- Have you watched other Edward movies? What was your favorite?

You don't think Netflix has up to date movies? They have new weekly releases that you can get each Tuesday. How long ago did you try it?

Old 12-12-2008, 09:54 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I bought the movie, liked it so much. Tried Netflicks and didn't like it, basically b/c they don't have up to date new movies...

Huh? They get movies almost immediately when they are released.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:05 AM

620 posts, read 1,950,910 times
RJ- I agree. If you move put them on top of your Q list a lot of times they are shipped on Monday before they are released "officially". We have had that happen a few times.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
We own this movie. It is really good and NOTHING like I expected. Edward Norton has always been one of my favorites! I have liked him in everything from Primal Fear to American History X ( my favorite movie of his). I will have to watch this again because it really is on older movie.

Creme- Have you watched other Edward movies? What was your favorite?

You don't think Netflix has up to date movies? They have new weekly releases that you can get each Tuesday. How long ago did you try it?
Hmmmm, yanno, maybe I wasn't navagating the site correctly, but when I'd hit new releases, they were not up to date, actually just tried it a few months ago?

Ok, Norton movies are, Atonement, Painted Veil, Primal Fear, Illusionist
but the 25th Hour, was my favorite...when it starts out with the dog yelping, I was wondering, "What the heck"...but then as the story unfolds, you get it...and it actually took me hostage, couldn't stop wondering what was going to happen next, as each scene, I was on the edge of my seat...and I don't want to explain, for those who have not yet seen it...
It's not greatly action packed, it's just mysterious, and leaves you wanting more. Loved the mirror scene, and the same people smiling at him at the end. What I don't understand, is the ending. I guess, it's more or less what you want it to be, but Spike Lee did a tremendous job.

If you wish to explain the end, please DM me, as I don't want to ruin it for anyone else. I hate it when people do that.... or write a review and tell you the entire story? Sheesh?

Old 12-12-2008, 03:50 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,190,973 times
25th Hour was the movie that made me an Edward Norton fan. Since then I've rented from Netflix practically all of his other movies. He's a great actor.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:51 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
25th Hour was the movie that made me an Edward Norton fan. Since then I've rented from Netflix practically all of his other movies. He's a great actor.
25th is a great movie, but my favorite with him is American History X. I also recently saw "Down in the Valley"..

Old 12-20-2008, 02:28 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,997,143 times
I really liked 25th hour. It was the first movie I ever saw with my yet-to-be wife. Anyway Spike Lee has continued to make good movies, and Ed Norton is extremely versatile. There are movies in which I've really loathed his character [the Italian Job] and others where I loved his character [25th Hour]. Any actor that can make you really feel that emotional dichotomy is...good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies